• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
median housing prices went up 4.5% in DMV in 2019, 10 years into economic expansion, damn

forecast for next year says 2.6%

how long can prices reasonably keep going up?

median housing prices went up 4.5% in DMV in 2019, 10 years into economic expansion, damn

forecast for next year says 2.6%

how long can prices reasonably keep going up?

A lot of that depends on where you are and what price range you are in locally. Prices in Beverly Hills, Greenwich and other places like that may keep going up dramatically while many suburban areas could be modest increases.

is there actually a reason to end this CT? we have threads that are over 100k posts.

giphy.gif

i accepted a verbal offer earlier this week at work for a promotion and raise

also a recruiter reached out to me asking about a role at a different firm, and it's a pretty interesting position, talked to them today about it in more detail

i know it's most important to take care of yourself bc a company doesn't care about you but i would feel kinda bad taking a job elsewhere after this latest promotion

but if a new place had a cool job and was offering more money, i'd be foolish to not at least look into it, right? i don't want to lead other company on either though. what is the play.

i accepted a verbal offer earlier this week at work for a promotion and raise

also a recruiter reached out to me asking about a role at a different firm, and it's a pretty interesting position, talked to them today about it in more detail

i know it's most important to take care of yourself bc a company doesn't care about you but i would feel kinda bad taking a job elsewhere after this latest promotion

but if a new place had a cool job and was offering more money, i'd be foolish to not at least look into it, right? i don't want to lead other company on either though. what is the play.

Can’t hurt to listen. You could also take the info back to your company and ask for more money. At the end of the day, you’re right that no employer will give a shit about you like that so you owe them nothing.

Look after yourself, look into it, lead them on, then do what is best for you and yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back