• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: BIFF IS STEALING THE CHAT THREAD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you're eating a tweener food that could reasonably go either plate or bowl, spoon or fork, what are you picking?

i'm going bowl and spoon every time

Yeah, there's a lady who used to go to every CMS board meeting and they'd let her talk near the beginning of the meeting so they could get her crazy shit out of the way because they knew she'd leave afterward and they could have their meeting.

this sounds like Tigress McDaniel, the crazy lady who would randomly run for office every election.
https://www.seetigressrun.com/lies-you-tell
this website of hers is seriously batshit

if you're eating a tweener food that could reasonably go either plate or bowl, spoon or fork, what are you picking?

related, but I've been getting a lot of ramen and pho takeout during the pandemic and I have taken to just sipping the broth straight from the bowl as opposed to using a spoon. Need to invest in some Asian soup spoons. Much superior broth delivery devices.

I had forgotten how crazy that lady is. Her "track record/resume" page includes the following:

EXPERTISE AND APPLICABLE SKILLS

Environmental Science, Specialization in Wetland Bio/Phytoremediation (Microbiology, Plant, Soil and Water Applied Sciences), Rural and Urban Development, Business and Agricultural Economics, Energy, Waste Management, Swine Husbandry, Environmental Sustainability and Zero Waste, Business Administration and Operation, Public and Private Organizational Leadership, Strategic Planning and Implementation, Performing Arts (Theatre Acting and Blocking, Dance, Music, Modeling)

Bowl food travels better if you aren’t eating at a dining room table, spoon or fork depends on whether pasta is involved

The way schools are run just seems crazy to me sometimes. Need to eliminate pretty much every administrator and take that $12,000 that’s spent on each student and group like 10 together and pay a teacher $100,000.

Administrative bloat in education is insane. That and the amount of money spent on standardized testing.

Administrative bloat in education is insane. That and the amount of money spent on standardized testing.

If I were king for a day, legislators would be responsible for an 80% reduction in school regulation, and schools would be responsible for a 75% reduction in administrative staff; teachers would see their pay triple.

Yep and most of the money for "testing" and other generally worthless supplemental programs goes to private companies who give our elected officials moneys and other boondoggles.

That being said public education is just like every other sector of our hybrid economic/government model, in that's used to graft and launder money for scumbags.

Simply by ending public funding going to private companies and shrinking admin bloat - you could hire more teachers, keep them in the profession longer and reduce classroom size by 20-25%

Yeah, that lady is definitely nuts.

Turns out she's originally from Greensboro and came to Charlotte seeking a better life.

That sounds like the definition of crazy. Charlotte is just Greensboro with traffic and more expensive housing.

rank the major NC cities

if asheville isn't in your top three don't bother

rank the major NC cities

I feel like one of the biggest up-sides to NC cities is their proximity to one another.

Raleigh benefits from being close to Wilmington.

Winston Salem benefits from being close to Asheville.

Greensboro benefits from being close to Pinehurst (not a city, but whatever).

Fayetteville benefits from being so bad that no one ever talks about it.

rank the major NC cities

I like Asheville but it isn't for everyone. Unless you like outdoor activities and craft beer, you'll probably prioritize other cities before Asheville.

Chat Thread: Anti-disabled/homophobic language talk w/ Knight and Creamy

rank the major NC cities

1. Raleigh
2. Asheville
3. Durham
4. Charlotte
5. Chapel Hill
6. Wilmington
7. Winston
8. Gboro
9. Fayetteville