• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: BIFF IS STEALING THE CHAT THREAD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 tablespoons avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 jalapeño pepper, seeds and membranes removed, minced
1 ½ teaspoons garam masala*
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes (preferably the fire-roasted variety), with their juices
1 cup uncooked black lentils (also called beluga lentils)**, picked over for debris
1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained, or 1 ½ cups cooked kidney beans
5 cups water
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon lime juice, plus additional lime wedges for serving
Optional (for additional creaminess): half-and-half, or regular or light coconut milk
Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
Suggested accompaniments: cooked brown basmati rice or toasted naan

In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, warm the oil until shimmering. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and jalapeño, and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 4 to 6 minutes.
Stir in the garam masala, cumin, coriander and salt. Season generously with black pepper. Cook, while stirring, for 1 minute.
Add the tomatoes and cook for 1 more minute, while stirring. Add the lentils, kidney beans, water and bay leaf. Raise the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the lentils are nice and tender, stirring occasionally, about 35 minutes.
Remove the bay leaf. Transfer 2 cups of the mixture (make sure to get some liquid with the lentils) to a blender. Securely fasten the lid. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute, being careful to avoid the hot steam rising from the blender lid.
Transfer the blended mixture back to the pot and stir to combine. Add the lime juice and season to taste with salt (I usually add ½ teaspoon) and pepper. If you would like to temper the flavor and make the mixture even more creamy, stir in a splash of half-and-half or coconut milk, to taste.
Serve in bowls, with chopped cilantro and a lime wedge on top. If desired, serve rice or naan on the side. Leftovers keep well, refrigerated, for up to 5 days.

This step is key. Entire dish is ruined if you skip this step.

2 tablespoons avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 jalapeño pepper, seeds and membranes removed, minced
1 ½ teaspoons garam masala*
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes (preferably the fire-roasted variety), with their juices
1 cup uncooked black lentils (also called beluga lentils)**, picked over for debris
1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained, or 1 ½ cups cooked kidney beans
5 cups water
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon lime juice, plus additional lime wedges for serving
Optional (for additional creaminess): half-and-half, or regular or light coconut milk
Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
Suggested accompaniments: cooked brown basmati rice or toasted naan

In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, warm the oil until shimmering. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and jalapeño, and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 4 to 6 minutes.
Stir in the garam masala, cumin, coriander and salt. Season generously with black pepper. Cook, while stirring, for 1 minute.
Add the tomatoes and cook for 1 more minute, while stirring. Add the lentils, kidney beans, water and bay leaf. Raise the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the lentils are nice and tender, stirring occasionally, about 35 minutes.
Remove the bay leaf. Transfer 2 cups of the mixture (make sure to get some liquid with the lentils) to a blender. Securely fasten the lid. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute, being careful to avoid the hot steam rising from the blender lid.
Transfer the blended mixture back to the pot and stir to combine. Add the lime juice and season to taste with salt (I usually add ½ teaspoon) and pepper. If you would like to temper the flavor and make the mixture even more creamy, stir in a splash of half-and-half or coconut milk, to taste.
Serve in bowls, with chopped cilantro and a lime wedge on top. If desired, serve rice or naan on the side. Leftovers keep well, refrigerated, for up to 5 days.

must spread rep. Thanks!

I'm gonna go ahead and give y'all a hot take from a high school English teacher. Shakespeare blows.

I have a thing for John Leguizamo's Tybalt. Doesn't mean I dig Shakespeare.

When we watched it in HS, my english teacher called him a "saucy boy" and said that I was like that, then she had me read Tybalt's parts from the play. Looking back, that's creepy as fuck.

foto-1590648117115.jpg--_ho_trovato_questa_foto__aiutatemi_a_trovare_il_proprietario___ma_l_immagine_e_tratta_da__ritorno_al_futuro_.jpg

Fuckig shit, Lea Thompson was a goddamned smokeshow.

Back to the Future, Reddawn, etc.

That recipe looks good townie. I made a easier, crappier version of that last night that is tasty but most importantly my wiener kids like it. And it’s enough for two days of meals. From memory:

Chopped onion
Tbsp or two of minced/chopped garlic
Tbsp minced/chopped ginger

Sauté this in oil in a Dutch oven or stock pot for a few minutes. Add 1 tbsp curry powder and 1 tbsp/squirt of ketchup and cook that together stirring a lot for 30secs or a minute to get the resulting paste fragrant. Deglaze that with 1qt of chicken or vegetable stock and also add a can of full fat coconut milk, a can of diced tomatoes, 2c of dried regular green lentils, 1c of frozen vegetables (def spinach but maybe mixed veggies or Lima beans) and 1c or more of cooked leftover chicken.

Bring all that to a boil then cover and simmer till the lentils are done, 30-45 mins. Add salt to taste at the end. Then I add hot sauce or chili garlic sauce in my own bowl, a little spice/acidic brightness is good for it. Also it’s very easily convertible to full vegetarian, I just add the leftover chicken to stretch it to two meals.

Yo Knight I'm going to need you to shit in the mouths of the incompetent cunts that run Blue Cross Blue Shield

I've called four times to correct this, yet they still deny every initial claim because I'm not my son's primary carrier. But I am. I always have been and they have that on record. Every time I call they quickly acknowledge it and apologize. My son has a new appointment every other week, so this is getting fucking old.

I'm also like 75% sure that they deny everything initially hoping that people like me will not follow up. I hope they all die of AIDS.

pretty sure the only clothes I've bought in all of 2020 are some tank tops and a pack of underwear

Yo Knight I'm going to need you to shit in the mouths of the incompetent cunts that run Blue Cross Blue Shield

I've called four times to correct this, yet they still deny every initial claim because I'm not my son's primary carrier. But I am. I always have been and they have that on record. Every time I call they quickly acknowledge it and apologize. My son has a new appointment every other week, so this is getting fucking old.

I'm also like 75% sure that they deny everything initially hoping that people like me will not follow up. I hope they all die of AIDS.

literally every appointment i get a letter in the mail 10 days later that i have to go to my health insurance company and fill out a form that says my son doesn't have health insurance from anywhere else before they'll approve the claim

he's fuckin 2 months old, we haven't put him in the salt mines yet to start earning his keep, he's on my insurance

our son is on Medicaid until the decree of adoption is filed and he's legally our dependent. but thanks to the NC courts who knows when the fuck that'll be. so we're just living off the government teat. but I feel bad because that money could be better used on a kid who actually needs it.

I did open enrollment on Monday but there's still the chance I'll have to enroll him on our insurance for this year and then re-do insurance for next year.

Its such a fucking scam

It is upsetting when you get older and realize how dishonest and predatory a lot of our economic institutions are.

I'd rather work for fucking R.J. Reynolds than a major healthcare company. At least they've come clean about their treachery.

When institutions exist simply to make money they’re going to go all out to make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back