• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: BIFF IS STEALING THE CHAT THREAD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm impressed that Brasky can still summon outrage at the shittiness of the world at his age, and isn't left a dead-eyed, hollowed out shell of a person like the rest of us. Bravo, fair warrior.

Chat Thread: wfudkn don't let the virus dominate your life !

CHDeac/health insurance companies are much more efficient and cost effective/CHDeac

The fact that we have private prisons disqualifies us from any discussion about being the "best nation on earth'

Last edited:
I mean look, anecdotally everyone may fucking hate health insurance companies and want to burn them to the ground, but when you run the data through this advanced bullshit algorithm , they’re actually good and everyone who hates them is wrong. That’s why they have to spend millions upon billions of dollars every year to lobby against universal single payer efforts every year

I'm impressed that Brasky can still summon outrage at the shittiness of the world at his age, and isn't left a dead-eyed, hollowed out shell of a person like the rest of us. Bravo, fair warrior.

Every once in a while I get pissed off enough to actual think about running for local office, but then I remember my posting history on here and decide to grab a beer instead.

Although if Trump can get 74 million votes after all the shit posting he's done, maybe I do have a chance.

Yo Knight I'm going to need you to shit in the mouths of the incompetent cunts that run Blue Cross Blue Shield

I've called four times to correct this, yet they still deny every initial claim because I'm not my son's primary carrier. But I am. I always have been and they have that on record. Every time I call they quickly acknowledge it and apologize. My son has a new appointment every other week, so this is getting fucking old.

I'm also like 75% sure that they deny everything initially hoping that people like me will not follow up. I hope they all die of AIDS.

Man, I had a diablo burger for lunch at Hops. Extra order of onion rings. Right around 7pm tonight, I can bring the hotness ot those lips, bb. You abduct and restrain, and I'll chocolate mousse them.

The fact that we have private prisons in this country disqualifies us from any discussion about being a "the best nation one earth"

Private prisons are slavery.

Man, this is so good.

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Abraham Lincoln
November 19, 1863

If only he'd found time to work a "your mom" joke in there.

WRONG THREAD

Nah dawg we just chatting

Philosophical question - could you work for a company who's ultimate motive is to deceive customers and shakedown consumers?

When I was in my job hopping stage between the ages of 22-27 I applied to a job posting for a for-profit university admissions recruiter position and got the job. It was a sweet gig, except for when I quickly realized how they actively targeted disadvantaged veterans and other poor folk who had access to government financial aid. I then also realized that the "education" they got was no different than something you could get at Forsyth Tech but only 10x the price. The final straw was when I learned that they were harvesting the information of prospective applicants who I was talking to at area high schools. I quit after two months.

Man, this is so good.

If only he'd found time to work a "your mom" joke in there.

It is the greatest speech in American history and it lasted 90 seconds. A good reminder to us of all that brevity is the soul of wit.

Shout out to Billy Shakespeare (who wrote a whole lot sonnets) for that last part

When institutions exist simply to make money they’re going to go all out to make money.

Yeah, there are pros and cons with that. For sure.

I'm pretty anti-government running important things where we (as a society) benefit from innovation, but our entire healthcare system needs to be blown up and started from scratch.

It'll never happen, though. Nor could we reach a consensus on what the best system would be.

Yeah, there are pros and cons with that. For sure.

I'm pretty anti-government running important things where we (as a society) benefit from innovation, but our entire healthcare system needs to be blown up and started from scratch.

It'll never happen, though. Nor could we reach a consensus on what the best system would be.

I'm really not sure it's the healthcare system. I meet tons of doctors and staff who are amazingly competent. However, every point of contact with an Insurance Company is just cancer.

Anybody running in Turkey Trots? Are there even in Turkey Trots this year?

Just saw a pic from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air reunion, and dear god, all those people still look young and beautiful.

I'm really not sure it's the healthcare system. I meet tons of doctors and staff who are amazingly competent. However, every point of contact with an Insurance Company is just cancer.

System = Government, For-profit hospitals, MCOs, Distributors, Pharmacies, Pharma, Biotech, Life Sciences, HIT, etc

I'd agree that doctors & staff are doing the best they can.

Usually, the most coherent arguments against the current (and proposed) systems come from the doctors that deal with them everyday.

I mean look, anecdotally everyone may fucking hate health insurance companies and want to burn them to the ground, but when you run the data through this advanced bullshit algorithm , they’re actually good and everyone who hates them is wrong. That’s why they have to spend millions upon billions of dollars every year to lobby against universal single payer efforts every year

Fun fact: we spend nearly as much on billing administration as we do on device manufacturing innovation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back