• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Bringing Back the $%&*?#@($#*@)#(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foreclosure house is definitely out of the question unless the lender buys it back and markets it (pretty likely). Have come across another house we like that's at the top of the budget (listed by owner, or it would likely be out of budget), but pretty much exactly what we're looking for. It has a pool, though, which I really don't want (wife is OK with it). Won't a pool send insurance premiums through the roof and require a pretty decent amount of annual expense for upkeep?

Are you moving closer to your golf course ? This is the most improtant question.

I just received some huge accolades from the mod community. Humbling.

Are you moving closer to your golf course ? This is the most improtant question.

Undoubtedly. Shoulder (neck?) is fucked though and golf is miserable these days. Had an EMG nerve test last night where the doctor zapped the shit out of my arm and stuck me with needles.

I can't imagine buying a house inside that development at auction without walking through it. Big houses, 25 years old, who knows what's wrong with it.

Yeah, our realtor was pretty sure the lender would end up being the highest bid, so maybe we can check it out in REO. I used to work in the default side of the mortgage world coming out of the crash, and saw some crazy stuff from the property inspection photos inside foreclosure homes. Dead pets were the worst. Literal human shit everywhere was probably 2nd worst.

Yeah, our realtor was pretty sure the lender would end up being the highest bid, so maybe we can check it out in REO. I used to work in the default side of the mortgage world coming out of the crash, and saw some crazy stuff from the property inspection photos inside foreclosure homes. Dead pets were the worst. Literal human shit everywhere was probably 2nd worst.

Ha, that's child's play. I know somebody who found a dead body in a closet.

housing as a commodity

there's a bar a block from our house that is closing because the rent went up and i was sad because i love the bar and my wife was like hey silver lining rents are going up a block away :(

pretty rad day- i mentioned earlier that i had been going back to orangetheory. they are getting new treadmills and had a contest to win one of the old ones (super nice, still in really good shape). you had to guess the cumulative mileage run on all 12 treads since inception 3 years ago. your boi won that thang. my guess was 253k and the answer was 262k. yessirrrr

picture of bmoney wife

peloton.jpg

Foreclosure house is definitely out of the question unless the lender buys it back and markets it (pretty likely). Have come across another house we like that's at the top of the budget (listed by owner, or it would likely be out of budget), but pretty much exactly what we're looking for. It has a pool, though, which I really don't want (wife is OK with it). Won't a pool send insurance premiums through the roof and require a pretty decent amount of annual expense for upkeep?

Pool operating expenses don't have to be that great. Around $100 per month if you use a service for cleaning chemicals, filter backflush etc. Less if you DIY the regular upkeep, its cheaper. However, you may have more trouble finding someone to do major repairs. Pump replacement, for instance.

I work across the street from a preschool and their playground is on my side of the block so they have to cross over to get there

they travel the 100 feet in a pack with each little kid holding onto a rope and wearing a vest -- takes them like ten minutes

it will never not be adorable and hilarious to me

there's a bar a block from our house that is closing because the rent went up and i was sad because i love the bar and my wife was like hey silver lining rents are going up a block away :(

Lot of places closing around town because of rent and it sucks, especially since a lot of those locations end up being vacant for extended periods of time. I know the bar you're talking about, but never went.

I work across the street from a preschool and their playground is on my side of the block so they have to cross over to get there

they travel the 100 feet in a pack with each little kid holding onto a rope and wearing a vest -- takes them like ten minutes

I love it when I see the little kids with the ropes walking around my office. The teachers are often a little frazzled because they're on high alert, but the kids always seems to be happy as shit to be walking around the city with all of the smells and noise and people.

In Japan they are all in matching outfits and baseball caps and it ups the adorable factor by 10x. It’s a bunch of little Ness’s running around.

In Japan they are all in matching outfits and baseball caps and it ups the adorable factor by 10x. It’s a bunch of little Ness’s running around.

OFY Ness in Super Smash Bros for 64 was legit. If you mastered the yo-yo smack yourself back onto the battlefield, Ness was super hard to kill.

Lot of places closing around town because of rent and it sucks, especially since a lot of those locations end up being vacant for extended periods of time. I know the bar you're talking about, but never went.

it was somewhat trashy but what an outstanding happy hour

A few years ago, my friend's lease was up. He was willing to pay double his previous rent as he was in on a fifteen year lease. The owners refused to budge off of quadrupling his rent. He told them to go fuck themselves.

His spot was basically two slots in that strips center. One was empty for about nine months. The other was empty for well over a year. There's no way either paid what the owners demanded from him. Being empty that long will take them years to recoup the losses.

there are plenty of shitty bodegas and abandoned storefronts on the six or seven block stretch of georgia ave that could do with developing, and increasing the rents to a crazy degree on one of the most successful spots on that stretch seems so asinine to me but idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back