• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Bringing Back the $%&*?#@($#*@)#(

Status
Not open for further replies.
itc, it sounds like you live in another country, man

also, you're a dick for not sending us pics

The Amish Market in Tribeca (a couple of blocks from Ground Zero) has some cool stuff.

The sticky bun shop, owned by an Amish family, at Philly's Reading Terminal rules.

Daycare workers don't make shit. National chains have figured out how to turn a profit but they have to charge a good bit to do so.

We send our kids to one of the national chain locations. Our director’s been there for 30 years and runs a good place. I’ve had overall great experiences there with our kids, who love their teachers. And the teachers have a good curriculum and activities. Turnover is actually pretty low as well, lower than you’d think for the pay scale. Don’t think I’ve had any serious problems with anything there.

We definitely pay out the ear for two kids there but I really think they’ll be in better shape when they get to kindergarten than if one of us stayed home or if we had a nanny.

It’s an absolutely thankless job so I try to thank them often and never hassle them for minor things like scrapes and stains like I imagine some folks might.

any of you cats keep up with moonz on facebook/twitter/etc.? i know he was a shit poster that i think was just trolling at first on trump and got legit radicalized but i hope he's okay personally.

because he was posting conspiracy links from right wing radical websites and getting called out for it

any of you cats keep up with moonz on facebook/twitter/etc.? i know he was a shit poster that i think was just trolling at first on trump and got legit radicalized but i hope he's okay personally.

At one point, I was worried that I was one of his parroty accounts.

Do Amish folks even watch TV?

Why would they be protesting a TV commercial?

Mennonites maybe?

I’d say the messageboard community is probably more prone to depression than the average person, and definitely look back and saw myself getting in more messageboard fueds when I was drunk/more depressed.

I did think ppl way overreacted to Trump at first and definitely got into trolling, but then Trump got more off the deep end and it became too hard to pretend to be a rational trump supporter so jumped ship on that one.

yo bmoney the aaron hernandez miniseries is great

sad as shit though

Spent the weekend catching up with my two best friends from back home that I hadn’t seen in 5 years, both Trump supporters, but not die hards.

One was actually pretty bright growing up and wanted to go to GA tech, placed pretty high on standardized tests, but parents couldn’t afford college so went the community college route, got married to the wrong woman and now has 3 kids and is stuck living with his mother in law and being a pest control manager which provides shit for insurance coverage so blames Obama for his $2k a month health insurance bill.

The other is a cop that thinks you just have to trust the guy in the office to make the call on Solemani.

Neither care much about politics, aren’t die hards and don’t like talking about it, but make up your silent majority. I’m square in rube county so I’m sure they’re surrounded by big Trump fans and it shapes your view, just like posting on these boards shapes my view.

It was a bit scary when I mentioned he just lies all the time and they’re like “what does he lie about?” Convo ended shortly after that after my wife gave me the look to stop talking.

Last edited:

He seems fine on FB.

Spent the weekend catching up with my two best friends from back home that I hadn’t seen in 5 years, both Trump supporters, but not die hards.

One was actually pretty bright growing up and wanted to go to GA tech, placed pretty high on standardized tests, but parents couldn’t afford college so went the community college route, got married to the wrong woman and now has 3 kids and is stuck living with his mother in law and being a pest control manager which provides shit for insurance coverage so blames Obama for his $2k a month health insurance bill.

The other is a cop that thinks you just have to trust the guy in the office to make the call on Solemani.

Neither care much about politics, aren’t die hards and don’t like talking about it, but make up your silent majority. I’m square in rube county so I’m sure they’re surrounded by big Trump fans and it shapes your view, just like posting on these boards shapes my view.

It was a bit scary when I mentioned he just lies all the time and they’re like “what does he lie about?” Convo ended shortly after that after my wife gave me the look to stop talking.

yeah, the bolded is the most alarming thing about Rube country that the politically literate Left just doesn't fucking get

Yep

That’s the state of ‘murica, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back