• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Bringing Back the $%&*?#@($#*@)#(

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, the bolded is the most alarming thing about Rube country that the politically literate Left just doesn't fucking get

ooh a caricature

my dad's girlfriend is a big Trumper, as are all of my dad's brothers and sisters and my godparents

when we visited my godparents at a wedding last summer, they were telling us about their trip to israel and i had to just bite my tongue when they started talking about fake news and how palestine is evil (they're moderately religious, semi-wealthy, decently educated, and don't really live in "rube country")

i doubt if there are many people, even the most insulated coastal elites, who don't know and care about people who are trump supporters

ooh a caricature

my dad's girlfriend is a big Trumper, as are all of my dad's brothers and sisters and my godparents

when we visited my godparents at a wedding last summer, they were telling us about their trip to israel and i had to just bite my tongue when they started talking about fake news and how palestine is evil (they're moderately religious, semi-wealthy, decently educated, and don't really live in "rube country")

i doubt if there are many people, even the most insulated coastal elites, who don't know and care about people who are trump supporters

yeah i mean basically everyone in my family and in law family run from MAGA hat-er to reaganite boomer "silent majority" supporter. they literally don't know what Trump would be lying about let alone any of his policy problems.

my MIL is a 2nd wave feminist and my FIL is a closet racist staunch Union Democrat.

weird times

Spent the weekend catching up with my two best friends from back home that I hadn’t seen in 5 years, both Trump supporters, but not die hards.

One was actually pretty bright growing up and wanted to go to GA tech, placed pretty high on standardized tests, but parents couldn’t afford college so went the community college route, got married to the wrong woman and now has 3 kids and is stuck living with his mother in law and being a pest control manager which provides shit for insurance coverage so blames Obama for his $2k a month health insurance bill.

The other is a cop that thinks you just have to trust the guy in the office to make the call on Solemani.

Neither care much about politics, aren’t die hards and don’t like talking about it, but make up your silent majority. I’m square in rube county so I’m sure they’re surrounded by big Trump fans and it shapes your view, just like posting on these boards shapes my view.

It was a bit scary when I mentioned he just lies all the time and they’re like “what does he lie about?” Convo ended shortly after that after my wife gave me the look to stop talking.

My takeaway from this story is that Ga Tech sucks.

Trump discusses the real issues affecting real Americans. Lotta people with dishwasher and toilet problems out there it would seem.

How do you explain that someone lies to people who are prone to believing them and have little interest in seeking the truth especially if their political and social orientation is based on believing lies?

My family is from around Detroit and Flint. They just don’t have a great history with Democrats, and I can’t say I blame them. Even the successful ones have a very easy narrative to buy into.

On the other hand, the ones that rail the hardest against handouts and about personal responsibility have adult kids living at home they support who had children out of wedlock, drug problems, etc.

I’ve got a neighbor who is an older guy (61) that’s turned out to be a great friend. He had a cancerous spot discovered and when they went in to operate they opened him up and found all kinds of shit. They closed him up and told him he had weeks to live. It’s got me torn up. Fuck cancer forever.

I’ve got a neighbor who is an older guy (61) that’s turned out to be a great friend. He had a cancerous spot discovered and when they went in to operate they opened him up and found all kinds of shit. They closed him up and told him he had weeks to live. It’s got me torn up. Fuck cancer forever.

Sorry man, that is terrible and very scary.

That really sucks bmoney. Just had a recent semi-scare with my mom where she had to have a questionable mass removed but they called on Monday and said it was benign. First moment where I really had to confront possible serious health issues with a parent and it definitely had me scared.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

That really sucks bmoney. Just had a recent semi-scare with my mom where she had to have a questionable mass removed but they called on Monday and said it was benign. First moment where I really had to confront possible serious health issues with a parent and it definitely had me scared.

I’m flying back home from my dads funeral after a cancer caused in part by smoking, and realizing just how much damage I’ve done to my body from smoking and drinking the past 20 years and it’s freaking me out a bit. Quitting the smoking shouldn’t be that hard as I’ve gone 6 days now and have quit a couple times the past year for over 12 months, but man I sure like my booze. The math on it sure is grim if you’re drinking more days than you aren’t

I’m flying back home from my dads funeral after a cancer caused in part by smoking, and realizing just how much damage I’ve done to my body from smoking and drinking the past 20 years and it’s freaking me out a bit. Quitting the smoking shouldn’t be that hard as I’ve gone 6 days now and have quit a couple times the past year for over 12 months, but man I sure like my booze. The math on it sure is grim if you’re drinking more days than you aren’t

I hope quitting is easy for you, but if it’s not, don’t give up on it. It takes s multiple tries for lots of people, and I’m sure you know this, but there are a bunch of different things you can do to try and make it a bit easier.

Sorry palma and bmoney. Cancer really fucking sucks. Both my parents have had it, all four of my grandparents died of it. It comes for all of us if we live long enough. Wishing you peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back