• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Bringing Back the $%&*?#@($#*@)#(

Status
Not open for further replies.
dc folks: https://dcist.com/story/20/01/27/mcmillan-d-c-s-most-cursed-development-project-explained/

i run past this place a lot, running around the reservoir and through howard's campus is one of my go-tos

i've frequently wondered what it is but never really looked into it

what a cluster

McMillan is a big issue in and around my neighborhood. I find it pretty annoying. I'm definitely on the pro-development side of the argument. As it is now, it's just a giant, useless wasteland.

McMillan is a big issue in and around my neighborhood. I find it pretty annoying. I'm definitely on the pro-development side of the argument. As it is now, it's just a giant, useless wasteland.

Yeah I don't understand the "historical preservation" side of this. I'd understand it if there were environmental impact concerns, but why do people care about a sand filtration plant?

They don't. The whole historic preservation slant is bogus. They just don't want development. They'd totally be down for a public park, but they don't want anything that brings in more people.

I'd prefer an argument that built more high density housing that had an affordability or rent stabilization angle. It's not like it's usable green space now!

this is by far the most active CT in years; aligns with Biff's failure to win.

lots of time has been saved -- good switch

what is the most iconic thumbs up picture?

5ed59aba8079694add3a6e5bae706b127bc8e4bb.jpg

Yeah I don't understand the "historical preservation" side of this. I'd understand it if there were environmental impact concerns, but why do people care about a sand filtration plant?
Don't get me started on historical preservation boards.

Some places I understand but they try to shoehorn some places that have no business being historical districts. Then it's just a power play for the people who are on the historical district board.

How hard is it to get gummies home on a plane from Denver ?

Just take them out of original packaging and throw them in carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back