• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXIV: Mrs. Mako Foot Photos on Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the good old days, they would have settled this debate by putting the two animals in a cage and finding out the answer.

Let's make it happen.

I'd wager that there is some barn in Siberia, where for a couple rubles you can watch this happen.

In the good old days, they would have settled this debate by putting the two animals in a cage and finding out the answer.

Let's make it happen.

this reminds me of the most depressing book my kids have checked out from the library

20256610._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg

Poachers sell two baby gorillas to a shopping mall owner so he can put them in a cage to draw crowds. One of the gorillas dies. The other one lives in a cage for years until the tide turns on keeping animals in cages and eventually he goes to a zoo.

My 6 year old kept trying to figure out why one died and the other didn't. Prompted lots of questions.

reminds me of the DS9 episode where O'Brien goes into mind prison and murders his cell mate

I can't say I ever found a good college football bar in VT. Do you ever go to Middlebury or UNH games?

I have not. My Saturdays in the fall consist of me sitting on my couch from noon to midnight, unless Wake is playing at BC, Syracuse, or (occasionally) Army or I'm attending my daughter's field hockey game. If you're ever in the neighborhood, I keep my beer fridge stocked. Stop on by.

I have not. My Saturdays in the fall consist of me sitting on my couch from noon to midnight, unless Wake is playing at BC, Syracuse, or (occasionally) Army or I'm attending my daughter's field hockey game. If you're ever in the neighborhood, I keep my beer fridge stocked. Stop on by.

Some Heady Toppers, maybe some Magic Hat? Are you a Burlington guy?

whew, worked from like 9am to 2:30am straight yesterday, with only a "break" to do solo kid bath/bedtime, then up at 6:30 this morning for kiddo breakfast + dropoff

i am fucking zonked

If you set the match 1000 times in a “natural” setting, I bet the tiger wins 600 of the replicates. They are generally ambush predators and so would be really good and hiding and getting a jump on the bear. But of course bears are bigger and would have some chance to over power the tiger after the initial pounce. If you set it up as a cage match, like ats suggested, I think the bear wins 80+% of the time.

the two classic lunchroom conversations:

who wins bear or tiger and knight vs samurai

on the ground toe to toe the knight wins, btw.

whew, worked from like 9am to 2:30am straight yesterday, with only a "break" to do solo kid bath/bedtime, then up at 6:30 this morning for kiddo breakfast + dropoff

i am fucking zonked

dang, so looks like we can expect the new OGBoards software soon??

reminds me a bit of this high school elective I took and one of the assignments was a bracket-style contest with the lone criteria being "most influential" among historical actors

I think I chose Mao and lost in the first round to Bill Gates

kinda interesting concept, I suppose, but bracket format is bad because it gets really tedious after the first round

oh like the boards famous superhero contest

reminds me a bit of this high school elective I took and one of the assignments was a bracket-style contest with the lone criteria being "most influential" among historical actors

I think I chose Mao and lost in the first round to Bill Gates

kinda interesting concept, I suppose, but bracket format is bad because it gets really tedious after the first round

interesting, not sure Mao loses to Gates but i'd say Gates' pro-argument has grown since we were in HS

dang, so looks like we can expect the new OGBoards software soon??

lol, any day now

i had a guy i was talking with about helping out since he's done this kind of major migration before/consults on it but he's totally dropped off the radar :tear:

Some Heady Toppers, maybe some Magic Hat? Are you a Burlington guy?

About half an hour east of BTV toward the mountains. Right now, I'm heavy on Stone Corral and Trapp's Octoberfest stuff and always have some Shed Mountain Ale and Zero Gravity's Green Mtn Lager kicking around. But, Headys, Fiddlehead, and Lawson's are ample if you're a NEIPA type of fella.

oh like the boards famous superhero contest

or really any bracket-style contest that isn't actual gameplay

I remember thinking the Grantland best Wire character bracket was going to be cool but what is there to say about someone after the second round??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back