• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXIV: Mrs. Mako Foot Photos on Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
this reminds me of the most depressing book my kids have checked out from the library

20256610._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg

Poachers sell two baby gorillas to a shopping mall owner so he can put them in a cage to draw crowds. One of the gorillas dies. The other one lives in a cage for years until the tide turns on keeping animals in cages and eventually he goes to a zoo.

My 6 year old kept trying to figure out why one died and the other didn't. Prompted lots of questions.

This was also a novel by the same author called "The One and Only Ivan", which won a Newbery Award and was then made into a movie with Bryan Cranston.

41miDRDcABL._SX352_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

found a black swallowtail caterpillar on my compost bin this morning, probably brought it in from the garden

i'm just gonna let it go nuts in the compost -- nothing bad can happen

pretty cool looking guy

We have a raccoon or possum that has been helping itself to our compost bin and leaving corn cobs on the lid. We also have tomato plants growing all around the bin as a result of mice or chipmunks dropping them outside of the bin, I guess. We haven't had any bears tip it over this year yet.

found a black swallowtail caterpillar on my compost bin this morning, probably brought it in from the garden

i'm just gonna let it go nuts in the compost -- nothing bad can happen

pretty cool looking guy

aaec7869e215096fbdf1e748c1086f48.jpg

We had several of these tiger swallow tail caterpillars on one of our citrus tree this spring. As tiny babies they are bird poop mimic and then as they get bigger they mimic snake heads. When you poke them they stick out this red snake-tongue-like antenna thing. Pretty wild.

I just found a big yellow grasshopper hind leg in my office, tough break for that guy

MoviePass is back. I cannot wait to put them out of business again. I think I saw ~90 movies in the 6 months I had it.

I am the only person that actually puts my phone in airplane mode on a plane?

When did planes stop serving beer?

And when did American give up having screens?

When did planes stop serving beer?

And when did American give up having screens?

Americans 737 Maxes don't have screens. dunno about the beer, haven't seen that, but I mainly fly Delta which has both screens and beer.

Yeah, the cost of keeping the screens working made it an easy decision to just have consumers use their own devices. And I honestly prefer that anyway.

There is always beer. Why wouldn't there be beer?

Why would that bother you? I don't get it.

Because it's a rule and I assume they have the rule for a reason (likely a safety reason), and I don't like people who don't think rules/laws apply to them. They're generally the same people who harass/abuse flight attendants.

Picked up my new laptop from the IT office. PC #15666. I’m gonna die soon, aren’t I?

Yeah, the cost of keeping the screens working made it an easy decision to just have consumers use their own devices. And I honestly prefer that anyway.

There is always beer. Why wouldn't there be beer?

American is not serving alcohol, except in first class and it is total bullshit. And it's against the law to carry it on and drink it. People are losing their shit after sitting in the airport all day anyway, why not let them get drunk too ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back