• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXV: DDD takes a lover

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for you married/relationship folk..... how often do you agree with your wife's coworkers when she complains about them? Cause I end up agreeing with her coworkers all the time

You should try working 20 feet from your wife.

Time to go back to work. Anybody canoeing today?

Going to the Apple Festival in Hendersonville this morning. CFB all afternoon and night.

Time to go back to work. Anybody canoeing today?

Got in an early morning lift before the family walk. Doesn’t look like great baiting weather here today which is a nice excuse to watch football.

PB time for a Saturday puzzle today,finished in 8:01.

delighted that SEXILED made it into the NYTXW

PB time for a Saturday puzzle today,finished in 8:01.

delighted that SEXILED made it into the NYTXW

I was headed for a near unbreakable under 10 personal best as well and then looked at the clock and choked on my last corner. Ended up slightly missing out. Still a blazing (easy) sat time though.

I was headed for a near unbreakable under 10 personal best as well and then looked at the clock and choked on my last corner. Ended up slightly missing out. Still a blazing (easy) sat time though.

SAME.

Watching college gameday this morning instead of doing things because college football is back boys

Already answering emails. September is a busy month. Going to try to work and watch 13-14 hours of college football at the same time.

I just made coffee and forgot to put the cup under (was making iced directly into a yeti). OOPS

To Kory's point, the best actual teachers I had at UNC were (for the most part) the grad students or younger associate prof types. Just put a lot more effort into their lessons and actually teaching.

WFU was a little more split on that front, at least, for grad school. But I'm sure that just depends entirely on department.
Kory's point was kind of a strawman interpretation of my argument because teaching is necessarily a local, largely independent activity and doesn't affect your reputation in the field. For better or for worse.

That said I agree with kory that it should be better valued and compensated, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back