• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXV: DDD takes a lover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, for those of us that survived, having the amount of restaurants that deliver due to the pandemic increasing by 20 fold is quite the life hack. The place that invented the french dip sandwich is within delivery distance, and on the side comes the best brownie you'll ever eat.

can you get howlin' rays delivery where you're at?

So I got hired on 3 weeks ago as Associate GC, reporting directly to the GC alongside another Associate GC, who was hired 6 months ago. Today I get told the other Associate GC is getting promoted to Deputy GC and I report to them now. So #1 stays #1, #2a becomes #2 and your boy gets moved to #3. Can’t help but feel I just got demoted right after starting. Also GC just got back from a 2 week vacation. There was some talking during hiring that the GC was gonna move on to more big picture stuff but the impression was that this would be next year, so I went in thinking I would have a shot at deputy if it was to be created. Lo and behold that’s not a case.

Can’t help but feel shafted? Misled?

Just caught up on last few pages of the other CT

What's the foosball table, biff?

It's a Tornado that retails for about $2,500 - $3,000. I bought it from a dealer who purchased the entire gameroom of a former Panther who was in bankruptcy.

It's a Tornado that retails for about $2,500 - $3,000. I bought it from a dealer who purchased the entire gameroom of a former Panther who was in bankruptcy.

Nice, I'm partial to Bonzini, but Tornado definitely tournament quality at least.

300th bird species of 2022!
d63a2d915b825a0148f32848dc65d714.jpg

So I got hired on 3 weeks ago as Associate GC, reporting directly to the GC alongside another Associate GC, who was hired 6 months ago. Today I get told the other Associate GC is getting promoted to Deputy GC and I report to them now. So #1 stays #1, #2a becomes #2 and your boy gets moved to #3. Can’t help but feel I just got demoted right after starting. Also GC just got back from a 2 week vacation. There was some talking during hiring that the GC was gonna move on to more big picture stuff but the impression was that this would be next year, so I went in thinking I would have a shot at deputy if it was to be created. Lo and behold that’s not a case.

Can’t help but feel shafted? Misled?

Sounds like you made a pretty poor impression in a week

what are the odds you've been wrong on at least one of your bird IDs in 2022?

This year kinda high since I went birding in France and I’ve never been there before. Lots of new and unknown things. I am about 90% sure I saw a turtle dove but it was quite far away and there was a crested tit that the Merlin sound ID app picked up, but if I saw it was a fleeting glimpse. Usually I am really conservative in what I put on my list though, so without those French birds, the odds would likely be very low.

I think Biff has posrepped 2 posts in my entire boards career. One was to remind me to submit sheep and the other was today when I admitted to making 15 year olds cry.

Meaningful moments indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back