• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXV: DDD takes a lover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I befriended a former tenant of one of my properties. Successful guy. We kept in touch after he moved. Almost got him a job at Wake.

I recently had a property not renew its lease (set to expire early next year). I reached out to the former tenant and he was so stoked to occupy the new property next year.

Dude killed himself on September 4th.

Just...like, what the actual fuck?

Can’t imagine what his mom is going through.

I had a friend from my LLM program die unexpectedly last month. We had lost touch over the last decade but definitely a gut punch.

I befriended a former tenant of one of my properties. Successful guy. We kept in touch after he moved. Almost got him a job at Wake.

I recently had a property not renew its lease (set to expire early next year). I reached out to the former tenant and he was so stoked to occupy the new property next year.

Dude killed himself on September 4th.

Just...like, what the actual fuck?

I don’t think I’ve ever talked about this on the board but my mom tried to commit suicide when I was 18 after I had moved out and she and my step dad had separated. I think it was just a combination of alcoholism and depression, but it’s just like this overwhelming dark cloud that’s hard to comprehend if you don’t have it.

I guess it doesn’t matter, but hypothetically I would hope he died in some spectacular accident doing something awesome, rather than… well you know
I agree. Going back and reading some of his posts, he was very open about his divorce and his emotions surrounding that. He was passionate in his beliefs and his desire for the world to be a better place. I feel for his family, and especially his young son.

Fuck man. We had never met but shared some PMs talking about divorce stuff. Thinking about his family tonight and definitely in on a donation to Crosby.

I don’t think I’ve ever talked about this on the board but my mom tried to commit suicide when I was 18 after I had moved out and she and my step dad had separated. I think it was just a combination of alcoholism and depression, but it’s just like this overwhelming dark cloud that’s hard to comprehend if you don’t have it.
This post deserves more than a reaction button. I am sorry you all had to struggle with this. I hope your mom is doing better now.

This is really hard to take. I didn't know him personally but we were FB friends and I feel like we've all been a part of his story for the last decade or so. He's a lot younger than I am and I still can't believe it.

Just so you guys know there were no signs of anything intentional. He was at a Better than Ezra concert that night with old friends he deeply cared about. Had plans to watch the Panthers on Sunday, sending funny messages later that night and simply never woke up.

This was a place he came to converse, vent, argue and connect. It helped him through many hard times and I know it meant so much to him.

One of our greatest memories was a brothers trip we took to Europe were Vad met us in Vienna and showed us the town. Just like in every aspect of his life he made these online friendships deep and real and meaningful.

He always seemed like a good dude. Definitely someone I would have liked to meet.

We disagreed on many things but I certainly respected his passion and believe his intentions were in the right place. I’d have loved to had the chance to grab a beer with him.

I apologize if my comments were misleading or fueling offensive speculation, that was absolutely not my intent.

I mean I did it too, when someone’s that young and open with recent struggles it’s obviously where your mind may first go.

So I’m glad knowing it was hopefully painless aside from the Better than Ezra

Just so you guys know there were no signs of anything intentional. He was at a Better than Ezra concert that night with old friends he deeply cared about. Had plans to watch the Panthers on Sunday, sending funny messages later that night and simply never woke up.

This was a place he came to converse, vent, argue and connect. It helped him through many hard times and I know it meant so much to him.

One of our greatest memories was a brothers trip we took to Europe were Vad met us in Vienna and showed us the town. Just like in every aspect of his life he made these online friendships deep and real and meaningful.

Thanks for posting. And letting us know something about what happened. So sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back