• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXVI: Monetary policy (i'm not making this up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead hamster.
Lethargic dog.
Worried about hallucinating due to high fever.

Are you 100% sure there isn't a carbon monoxide leak somewhere in your home?

The idea of an outdoor dog at this moment in history in America is just baffling to me. Just seeing a dog in a doghouse is traumatic for millennials

We just took our cat to the vet because she pooped on the floor and were worried she was sick or something. Turns out she just did it for attention, but the vet started getting on us because she's pretty fat and now we have a $300 cat exercise wheel being delivered that I know she won't use because she's fat and lazy.

dude in the building next to me brings his cat outside daily

cat just lays on the sidewalk while dude is on his phone standing in the doorway

they're out there for a while just doing that

My old bookmarks to the boards in my phone initially worked but now are coming back 404 so I’m having to replace them. No big deal but it’ll be kinda sad losing the one still named “RJKarl’s political asylum.” End of an era.

The idea of an outdoor dog at this moment in history in America is just baffling to me. Just seeing a dog in a doghouse is traumatic for millennials
I have 3 outdoor dogs that eat my food and sleep on my porch but they’re beholden to no man

dude in the building next to me brings his cat outside daily

cat just lays on the sidewalk while dude is on his phone standing in the doorway

they're out there for a while just doing that
We got little harnesses and leashes for our two cats thinking we could take them on walks. Our house is in a busy enough neighborhood that they would not last long as indoor/outdoor cats. Whenever we've gotten them harnessed up they both just stand there frozen until you tug on the leash a little and they just kind of flop over.

Yeah this one lived for almost 3 years so pretty solid run
i had a gerbil like this as a kid. fortunately, i was old enough to understand death/bury him by the time he passed. then my siblings killed the others in a series of fairly ridiculous deaths over the next few years, so i had to bury those too. my parents' backyard is pet semetary vibes at this point

I feel like I’m being service scammed. Have an electrician come out to fix some outlets that aren’t working, easy fix. While doing it checks out the electrical panel and is like we should replace this and everything going to the street, 12,000 dollars or just the panel for 7500. Like fuck right off with that. How much could replacing an electrical panel be, I have the internet it seems like between 1000-2000.

Our cat lives upstairs and keeps to himself. Walked by the stairs yesterday and he was just sitting at the top watching me. I paused and stared back, he cocked his head to the side and continued staring. Tried to get him to come down to the landing so I could pet him but he wasn't having any of that. Typical asshole cat.

I feel like I’m being service scammed. Have an electrician come out to fix some outlets that aren’t working, easy fix. While doing it checks out the electrical panel and is like we should replace this and everything going to the street, 12,000 dollars or just the panel for 7500. Like fuck right off with that. How much could replacing an electrical panel be, I have the internet it seems like between 1000-2000.
Had a kind of similar experience with new gates for our wooden fence. Called a fence company out and they quoted like $5000 per gate because they "might" have to replace the gate posts "if" they start to crack during installation. Then tried to sell me a on a chain link fence instead of the wooden fence.

Turns out I just need to find a jack leg handyman to fix the gates but someone like that is hard to find these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back