• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXVI: Monetary policy (i'm not making this up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a button down collar for casual shirts. Don’t care if button down or not on flannels. No buttons on polos, short sleeve shirts, and dress shirts.
remember when we all gave Brasky shit for wearing a short sleeve shirt and tie to a wedding?

Anybody have a tv rec that is easy to use for very tech illiterate seniors?

remember when we all gave Brasky shit for wearing a short sleeve shirt and tie to a wedding?
Idk if I was around these parts for that. However, they’re more just casual short sleeve shirts w fun patterns or what not.

I’ll never hear the name and not think about that. And somehow we were the assholes that didn’t know what we were talking about.

I prefer button downs for work. I used to wear a tie 4 days a week but I’ve stopped that and much prefer the look of the citron down collar.

I feel like I’m being service scammed. Have an electrician come out to fix some outlets that aren’t working, easy fix. While doing it checks out the electrical panel and is like we should replace this and everything going to the street, 12,000 dollars or just the panel for 7500. Like fuck right off with that. How much could replacing an electrical panel be, I have the internet it seems like between 1000-2000.
How old is your house?

I just wanna share my worst hangover.

Had a family wedding in St Charles, IL. Reconnected w some friends there, went out after and continued drinking. Bang my head trying to get into bed. Wake up the next morning feeling miserable. I’m in the Chicago airport and need to yak but there is no bathroom or trash can nearby. It was like a 10 min walk to the nearest bathroom. I’m booking it to the bathroom but I puke in my mouth but am still like 5 min away from the bathroom so I had to just choke it back down and it was awful.

0/10 experience.
Scotland Yard? Cadillac Ranch?

I feel like it got overlooked that my gym gave me a woman’s bathing suit in my laundry bag they put in my locker.

I thought about the moment a lot this week, it was a good reminder of who Brasky was. He was always willing to put himself out there. He wore that Bolo tie proudly going so far as to share a picture here on the boards. He got a ton of shit for it and just rolled with it, willing to take one for the boards as everyone piled on and he just laughed and owned it. As someone else said we were all here for those moments over and over again with him. Just another guy out of billions but impactful enough that I can’t help but laugh when a bolo tie is mentioned or grill accessories.

Anybody have a tv rec that is easy to use for very tech illiterate seniors?
How tech illiterate are we talking? Are they just on cable or can they use apps? I got my very tech illiterate parents set up with one of the Amazon fire TVs which has worked well for them because they don't need to worry about switching between inputs or anything like that. One remote and they just turn on the TV and all of their stuff is there. I had to do the basic app setup for them to get them squared away with YouTube TV, Netflix, Prime, etc. but once they picked up on that you click on YouTube TV to watch TV, go to Prime or Netflix for movies, etc. it's been very smooth sailing.

How old is your house?

Not that old, like I have a legit circuit breaker not a fuse box like the one in the house I had at Wake (which did not handle large party speakers well). It really was that it “looked messy” showing me a picture of a neat one then mine where it looks like the wires were thrown everywhere.

How tech illiterate are we talking? Are they just on cable or can they use apps? I got my very tech illiterate parents set up with one of the Amazon fire TVs which has worked well for them because they don't need to worry about switching between inputs or anything like that. One remote and they just turn on the TV and all of their stuff is there. I had to do the basic app setup for them to get them squared away with YouTube TV, Netflix, Prime, etc. but once they picked up on that you click on YouTube TV to watch TV, go to Prime or Netflix for movies, etc. it's been very smooth sailing.
Very. My grandmother had been living with my mother for the past year but she has gone downhill faster than I’ve ever seen unfortunately. She is moving in to a nursing home on Monday so we need to get her a tv. I think she will use cable & apps. She was very good with operating one between cable and app a couple of years ago but she has forgotten how to recently.

Probably just leaning toward a Roku tv since the remotes are very simple and easy to operate. Just wanted to know if there was a better option

I thought about the moment a lot this week, it was a good reminder of who Brasky was. He was always willing to put himself out there. He wore that Bolo tie proudly going so far as to share a picture here on the boards. He got a ton of shit for it and just rolled with it, willing to take one for the boards as everyone piled on and he just laughed and owned it. As someone else said we were all here for those moments over and over again with him. Just another guy out of billions but impactful enough that I can’t help but laugh when a bolo tie is mentioned or grill accessories.
In a lot of ways, Brasky was the perfect poster.

I never met him IRL (that I'm aware of? it's really likely we met at some point, though, since we're the same age, grew up nearby one another, and played soccer in Winston), but he just seemed like an awesome dude.

i still have a circuit breaker and i'm planning to use biden bucks to pay for my electrical wiring upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back