• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the same line they feed federal judges. My response? Thicken the glass if you really are that bent out of shape about it, otherwise, fuckin' not gonna live my life in fear. If the Cartel wants a war with the United States Govt., then let them declare it by smoking my federal district court ass. I'm sure it'll be worse for them than the Taliban had it.

You're a judge on a federal district court?

I feel like this response could have been anticipated, as I posted "cum dumpster" on the same page. Were I ever cursed enough to be appointed to the bench, I think I would be precluded from doing that.

Nah, that shit actually gets you on the Supreme Court. Tame compared to Kavanaugh and Thomas.

I feel like this response could have been anticipated, as I posted "cum dumpster" on the same page. Were I ever cursed enough to be appointed to the bench, I think I would be precluded from doing that.
Nah, all ya gotta do is change your board name again.

Q: And are you now or have you ever been the poster "Knight" on ogboards.com?
A: I do not recall at this time.
Q: And are you now or have you ever been the poster "Donkey Deac Doug" on ogboards.com?
A: I do not recall at this time, and may I add that my brother is a fighter pilot?

Q: And are you now or have you ever been the poster "Knight" on ogboards.com?
A: I do not recall at this time.
Q: And are you now or have you ever been the poster "Donkey Deac Doug" on ogboards.com?
A: I do not recall at this time, and may I add that my brother is a fighter pilot?

Townie, the next time I have to go before congress, I'm going to slip this in there. I'll PM you the transcript.

I would be a horrific district court judge. I would be a much better federal court of appeals judge. I would last approximately 5 years as SCOTUS (the last 4 of which would be embroiled in controversy).

Nah, that shit actually gets you on the Supreme Court. Tame compared to Kavanaugh and Thomas.

I mean, my handle is a Kavanaugh reference. I am a mere shadow of that man.

Looking at a Macbook Air for home use and light coding (learning/personal projects) - any reason not to purchase one at this point? Seems like more than enough computer for what I need.

On a related note, we can no longer keep our blinds open during the day because it makes us too easy of a target for school shooters.

This is one of the nice things about teaching in the inner city. We're not worried about someone shooting up the school. Now shootings down the street? Yes they occur.

The principal my first year here was referencing an "odd" former student they had, and he said (Brasky) don't take this the wrong way but he was your skin color I would have been genuinely worried he was going to shoot up the school.

Looking at a Macbook Air for home use and light coding (learning/personal projects) - any reason not to purchase one at this point? Seems like more than enough computer for what I need.

I'm on my fifth year of using this MacBook Air and its still going strong. I use it at school/work and at home. I actually just went in and clear out like 45-50G of space earlier this afternoon, because it finally told me that I was hitting the 120G capacity limit. It was old apps and pictures and downloads, so nothing I needed to keep.

I have all my old school assignments/files from the last 6 years of teaching on here and it apparently only takes up a like 10G.

I think if I was forced to switched to Mac from Windows for anything important, I'd have a weeklong panic attack. I hate using my wife's Mac on rare occasions. Unfortunately, I guess I'll always be an analytical nerd and not a hip artist.

I'm on my fifth year of using this MacBook Air and its still going strong. I use it at school/work and at home. I actually just went in and clear out like 45-50G of space earlier this afternoon, because it finally told me that I was hitting the 120G capacity limit. It was old apps and pictures and downloads, so nothing I needed to keep.

I have all my old school assignments/files from the last 6 years of teaching on here and it apparently only takes up a like 10G.

not sure if it's still the case, but it at least used to be you could clear up a lot of space on a Mac by deleting otehr language versions of stuff

I am now on a Mac at my new job and it's my first time using one since about 2010. Still having to Google how to do certain things/shortcuts that were second nature in Windows. Sometimes they aren't always as simple, especially in O365 programs.

One pet peeve is that the windows are always resizing when I'm on my dock at my desk. Even if moving a window from one screen to another.

Had a buddy who use to coach football down in Hyde County NC. Holy hell that place is wild. You can feel the inbreeding in the air, the people just all seem off with elongated sloped foreheads and 5 last names.

Now that buddy is balls deep in Qanon conspiracy theories.

Moral of story - stay out of shithole NC counties.

I went to ECU with a kid from Hyde county and he was 100000% the product of inbreeding.

Qanon you say….

I get that mental illness is a thing. I see it all the time. I don't see this woman exhibiting some of the telltale signs of mental illness that I typically see.

It kind of feels like these conspiracy theorists are leveraging the same vector that organized religion leverages. Once you hit a critical mass of people, sociology really takes over and the psychology just kind of takes a backseat.

I'm not sure we've developed a weapon to combat organize religion. I look at the situation in Afghanistan, and I'm just so fucking terrified of the parallels between the Taliban success there and the video that I just watched with this seemingly sane woman saying completely insane things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back