• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cheatin' TKory !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a neighbor behind me start using a chainsaw at 8:00 this morning. That’s not cool.

I’ve probably mentioned this before but my house is on the corner and when we moved in there was a vacant lot next to us on the main street and two barely habitable houses past us as you turn right on the side street. The two duplexes were rebuilt as brand new SFH and a house was built on the vacant lot so we’ve lived in a perpetual construction zone for basically two years. Just maddening especially over the last 9 months being home essentially 24 hours/day. On the other hand the two houses that just sold are the same size as ours and sold for $100k more. Hooray gentrification!

I hate to continue the country mouse schtick, but there’s some sort of loud machinery, often operated by me, within earshot of my house before 8 am on almost every Saturday of the year.

I need one more variety of cookie for the christmas cookie boxes I'm doing for neighbors. So far I have gingerbread people, chocolate peppermint thumbprints, chocolate chunk shortbread, gingersnaps, and mexican wedding cookies. What would be a good addition? Was thinking some kind of biscotti maybe

Think the last one will be maple walnut chocolate chip cookies. I don’t have a drop cookie on the list and that’s a good wintery variety.

I guess gingersnaps are also a drop cookie but that’s it’s own thing.

Might I suggest browning your butter. It truly takes cookies to the next level. I made some chocolate chips cookies with brown butter, coffee, & bourbon for thanksgiving and they are quite possibly the best cookies I’ve ever had, bias aside. Could easily replace the bourbon with maple syrup. Also suggest using a couple different kinds of chocolate chips. I use dark, semi sweet, and milk. Dark chocolate discs are great as they spread out a lot when baked.

Last edited:
Hey guys. You wanna take the Great British Baking Show convo to the am? You’re already talking cookies.

Yeah, I will use browned butter for some recipes. You have to be careful, because it drives out water from the butter so it can change the texture of whatever you’re making. I have a few recipes that specifically call for brown butter, so the decreased water content has been taken into account. It’s especially good with short bread cookies, since those are mostly all butter

Yes. The recipe I based my cookies off of don’t call for brown butter so I’ve adjusted. Adding about 20% extra butter accounts for the moisture lost.

That’s quite an assortment of holiday cookies for the neighbors BBD.

Anybody have any good tricks or hacks to make weed butter? I read so many different recipes and methods...some say finely grind it some say don't...

Any insights appreciated

Chat Thread: 2020 : The End of Basketball. ?

Tapatalk double post.

Monkey bars were so easy when I was a kid. What happened?

lol something about the ratio of body weight to upper body strength changes when your body size finally becomes proportional to your head size.

Haha I normally let my wife first acknowledge how beautiful a women is on one of her shoes before I start waxing lyrical.

“Oh is she? I hadn’t noticed”

This is the way to do it.

My wife is 5-11 so she usually just comments on tall women. And even then it’s not usually about their looks.

Several months ago, I was watching ESPN and a commercial came on with Maria Taylor. My wife exclaimed, “Holy shit! Who is that? She’s hot!” I agreed. She asked who she is. I explained. My wife asked, “Does she have that job because she’s hot or she knows a lot about sports?” I responded, “Both.”

And then several months later, I was watching NBA on ESPN and she did the same thing.

Did the rings at muscle beach last year and was like wtf this was my jam as a kid why is this so hard

Lots of beers in the intervening years

Did the rings at muscle beach last year and was like wtf this was my jam as a kid why is this so hard

Lots of beers in the intervening years

In 27 years, I’ve drunk 50,000 beers, and they just wash against me, like the sea into a pier....

As I sit here a bit drunk on a friday night, it's rather strange to read up on that chat thread with banter from Brasky and Townie who are now fathers, scroll through facebook and see people my age with like multiple kids over the age of 10, and then look at myself and realize I'm barely a functional individual and can't fathom being in charge of another human being's development. I've spent many months without like human contact just playing online poker and shit, or stupid online video games, so if there's anyone who's equipped to deal with this covid shutdown it's me..... but after 9 months I'm starting to struggle a bit. Can't imagine how much others who are more natural social creatures are dealing with it. Or maybe they're just all dealing with it by hanging out with people, and that's why it's spreading.

I miss seeing my in-town friends once or twice a week, but through the summer it wasn't so bad (did distanced yard meet-ups once a month or so). With the recent upswing though that shit is gonna stop through the winter for sure. I also spend 2-3 nights a week after baby bedtime playing video games with my gamer friends. That can be a solid 3-5 hours of friend time that is super nice. Worth losing some sleep over.

My new son was just 5-6 months old when the pandemic went into full swing and I'll tell you right now it made things about 10 billion times harder.

I miss seeing my in-town friends once or twice a week, but through the summer it wasn't so bad (did distanced yard meet-ups once a month or so). With the recent upswing though that shit is gonna stop through the winter for sure. I also spend 2-3 nights a week after baby bedtime playing video games with my gamer friends. That can be a solid 3-5 hours of friend time that is super nice. Worth losing some sleep over.

My new son was just 5-6 months old when the pandemic went into full swing and I'll tell you right now it made things about 10 billion times harder.
What're you playing? Wife and I have been going in on Mario Kart Deluxe. Lots of trash talking goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back