• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cheatin' TKory !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My kids turned 2 and 4 in March right before everything shut down. It was nice that they could play with each other every day. Also glad that they didn’t have elementary school classes get upended by the pandemic. 4 is probably the sweet spot for a kid during the pandemic as long as you can figure out some way for them to socialize.

Similar here but ours turned 3 and 5 near the pandemic beginning. 3 is not the sweet spot. It has been a savage tyrannical third year from my youngest when napless.

Hey Townie I just finished my novel. It’s a sprawling 2000 page opus about a basketball coaching farmer named Flake-O with a hot wife who lives in Appalachia but only finds true meaning in his life in online mafia and sheep competitions on the message board of a white bread upper crust regional private university that thinks it’s waaaaaaay more important than it actually is. Wanna edit it for me for free?

So do you get the 40,000 square foot house when you finish your dissertation or do you have to get tenure first?

nobody gets the 40,000 square foot house anymore because when you run schools like a business it means inflating administrative salaries by replacing tenure-track jobs with contracted, adjunct positions.

it was very nice of the provost to take a 10 percent pay cut during these troubled times tho

2np7vx.jpg

I get confused by some people’s Instagram posts because they’ll post some shit about how it’s ok to not be ok during a pandemic and basically imply that it’s cool for them to act like assholes to people because it’s natural to have mental and emotional issues right now and then follow it up with a post about cutting toxic people with bad energy out of their lives.

Hey ATS. I’m at the gym at 945 on a Saturday night because impressing you means that much to me, bro.

Ha! You’ve got like 4 months. Chill until 2021. Enjoy the holidays.

We met a nice couple at the local playground around 11am today. The husband was built like a tank and my wife made some comment about it. By 12:30pm, I was out in the driveway doing burpees and something called Devil Presses.

She probably meant to get in my head.

I have neighbors like that. Dude looks carved out of granite. Jogs without a shirt on from time to time. Wife is a former gymnast. Very fit and very hot. Their daughters are like 5 and 7 and do all kinds of dance and fitness stuff already.

worked out well for my brother to have newborns during the pandemic because my parents were able to drive up and help for a month despite the fact that my sisters have school (remote) and he can help out here and there while working from home

nice time to deal with the no sleep, constant feeding stuff too because there's nothing else to do anyways -- I'm over there helping out every afternoon and evening because I have nothing else going on either

Our boy is 4.5 months now, and I think we timed it perfectly. If you're going to be pregnant, have a kid, and live through a year long pandemic you may as well do it at the same time. Occasionally I get a little down about the world, but the one good thing is that we're able to be home all the time for our son. Although I start back at school on Monday, which will be an adjustment.

Luckily our parents live here and are retired/semi-retired and have helped out a bunch. My wife started back last week remotely and her mother is coming over everyday I'm away at school to help out for the foreseeable future. Winston is definitely a little boring, but if your family is here its a great place to have kids during a pandemic. Oh and our 3 bed, 2.5 bath with a big backyard cost what a downtown condo would cost in Charlotte or Raleigh.

mama here comes midnight with the dead moon in its jaws

I'm not throwing shade here I swear but it's really funny to me that "complaining about administrative bloat in academia" is a recurring chat thread topic, like breakfast choices and lottery fantasies

mama here comes midnight with the dead moon in its jaws

Did you know that song was recorded in a single take the first time they tried it

The demo is pretty different too, they really went for it in the tiny hotel room

I have neighbors like that. Dude looks carved out of granite. Jogs without a shirt on from time to time. Wife is a former gymnast. Very fit and very hot. Their daughters are like 5 and 7 and do all kinds of dance and fitness stuff already.

If that family were on any major metro area in California they would have a reality tv show.

Our son is about to turn 1 in a few weeks and it was easy working at home with him full time this summer because he was stationary and content to just sit there with toys and such between naps, though I felt bad I couldn’t play with him as much as I’d like. Now he crawls all over the damn place and is cruising pretty good so walking is just around the corner and I’m grateful for daycare bc no way I could get much work done with him at home.

I’ve been trying to integrate “normal music” into our son’s play time listening catalog along with Cocomelon and other kids songs and the boy LOVED Yellow Submarine this morning and it made me so happy.

As a baby/toddler my older daughter was really into the Flaming lips, especially the soft bulletin and Yoshimi battles the pink robots.

i love the GBBS. Agree mid seasons were better than newer.

Hell yes cheat day meal. Just crushed some tacos al pastor and rice & beans. The 4 bottles of hot sauce may have been overkill tho

My kids love Yoshimi and in fact that’s what we named our new cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back