• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cheatin' TKory !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not throwing shade here I swear but it's really funny to me that "complaining about administrative bloat in academia" is a recurring chat thread topic, like breakfast choices and lottery fantasies
It's funny, yeah. Funny also how many times it follows this pattern: someone complains that phdeac makes too much money or spends too much time on the boards to have a "real job" and then someone rightfully points out that the vast majority of college instructors don't make shit compared to the outrageous salaries of administrators. Bloat!

I play Rocket League with a crew of 3-5 people that comes and goes. Play some Destiny 2 (don't really love it, but my friends do and I'm excited to do the next raid with them).

Then we just rotate random games (e.g. Fall Guys, FFXIV Online). None of us are really elite at shooters/FPS so outside of Destiny those don't enter the picture much (though I have a coworker who games with us that I'll watch play COD on twitch.tv because he's really good and it's fun to support him)
Rocket League is the greatest sports game ever created. Nothing else comes close.

What are legit tier one Christmas movies

I will entertain fringe ones like Die hard

Watched Elf last night and Muppet Christmas Carol tonight. Also love Nightmare before Christmas.

Always watch A Christmas Story and often Christmas Vacation

Emmet Otter’s Jugband Christmas is the greatest Christmas in history.

Watched Elf last night and Muppet Christmas Carol tonight. Also love Nightmare before Christmas.

Home Alone

Home Alone 1 and 2. Christmas Vacation. Grinch animated special. Charlie Brown Christmas. I was a big fan of Muppet Family Christmas growing up (it’s on YouTube now).

Hate Christmas Story and Elf.

Chat Thread: 2020 : The End of Basketball. ?

Townie wasting a good Sheep question right here.

It’s a Wonderful Life is a great film. Religious but not too religious. Quite radical socially. And it probably gets more radical with time considering how the Mr. Potters of the world have become heroes in small towns like Bedford Falls. Good moral tale about doing right by people. Young Donna Reed doesn’t hurt either.

I made the kids watch Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas last night and Pee Wee’s Playhouse Christmas Special tonight. It’s been a good weekend.

It’s a wonderful life is great.

We watch Christmas Vacation, Charlie Brown, Grinch, Rudolf, every year. Most years A Christmas Story.

Not a fan of Love Actually. Think I missed that convo tho. Do love Home Alone and Charlie Brown.

I’ve watched It’s a Wonderful Life every year for maybe 20 years at this point.

It’s not Christmas without it.

My grandmother’s pictures from her wedding look a lot like Donna Reed.

Christmas story, Christmas vacation, Rudolph, Frosty, Grinch for sure. Already seen most of these this year.

I also try to catch the George C Scott Christmas carol and, sorry guys, I like white Christmas.

I say “sons a bitches Bumpuses” pretty much year round anyway.

I say “sons a bitches Bumpuses” pretty much year round anyway.

My dad and mother in law each insist on Christmas Story but bc we’re doing Christmas alone this year we will probably skip it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back