• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cheatin' TKory !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
a friend of a friend was engaged in relations with a woman and I guess was doing a thorough job of moving them through different positions such that she asked him mid-coitus "have you ever been a coach?"

the story made quite the impression and evolved such that we use "coach" as a bro-like term of en-bro-ment

Re: nighttime urination

Not sure if this is interesting to anyone but me, but I learned at a continuing ed course last year that nighttime urination is strongly associated with sleep disordered breathing (i.e. sleep apnea). The way your body is supposed to work is that when you go to sleep, a hormone is released that keeps your kidneys from forming too much urine so that your bladder doesn't fill up while you sleep. That's why sometimes your first pee of the day smells different, because its more concentrated. If sleep disordered breathing is keeping you from getting into the right sleep cycles, then your body doesn't release that hormone and it keeps producing a normal daytime amount of urine.

I was worried about this so I did a sleep study, which showed nothing abnormal with my breathing. My doc told me the issue probably wasn't "medical" and referred me to a sleep therapist. She helped me make a number of behavior modifications, like significantly cutting back on alcohol and sodium, and eliminating caffeine after lunch (so pretty much no soda anymore). The results were almost immediate. Now when I do have to pee at night it's usually because I had a beer or soda or got take out (like last night).

I've caught myself saying bub a lot. I think it is probably because I watch a lot of Brad Leone as nobody I know says it.

I have sleep paralysis episodes like 5-7 times a week on average I would say. It FUCKING sucks. After awhile you learn how to deal with it but the auditory, visual, and physical hallucinations can be extremely heavy sometimes.

I have sleep paralysis episodes like 5-7 times a week on average I would say. It FUCKING sucks. After awhile you learn how to deal with it but the auditory, visual, and physical hallucinations can be extremely heavy sometimes.

Damn that’s terrifying. I’ve had conscious sleep paralysis twice in my life, and it scared the shit out of me. I fell asleep in history class my senior year, and woke up enough to hear, but I couldn’t move or open my eyes. Probably only lasted a few seconds, but I’ve kept that memory for 16 years.

Think what we’re learning here is everyone has some fucked up sleep.

I had to go full face mask for my CPAP since I am a mouth breather.

Hey mako... How's that sleep eating thing going?

Much less frequent. I've allowed myself a couple of cheat meals per week and apparently that's helping the subconscious cravings. We've taken to locking the bedroom door at night too and while starving somnambulant Mako can open a fridge door he apparently has trouble with a lock. My wife says I've gotten up a few times, tried the door, seemed confused, and then came back to bed.

only time I wake up in the middle of the night is when I have a couple drinks in the evening

I used to sleepwalk as a kid and one time whipped my lil pecker out in the hallway and just pissed all over the floor

mom came and woke me up midstream

I used to sleepwalk as a kid and one time whipped my lil pecker out in the hallway and just pissed all over the floor

mom came and woke me up midstream

I was a regular sleepwalk pisser too. One time I stood at the top of stairs and pissed right down them. Luckily they were hardwood.

Much less frequent. I've allowed myself a couple of cheat meals per week and apparently that's helping the subconscious cravings. We've taken to locking the bedroom door at night too and while starving somnambulant Mako can open a fridge door he apparently has trouble with a lock. My wife says I've gotten up a few times, tried the door, seemed confused, and then came back to bed.

Man, tell her to open the door. You give the best sleep handies.

I tend to use “hey buddy” a la Kramer. It must have burned into my soul since that shows been gone almost 25 years and I haven’t watched it since college. And I definitely call my daughters buddy a lot.

But that’s fairly uncommon. I almost always use “hey man.” “Bro” sounds like you’re trying too hard

I went to bed last night around 2 am which is pretty typical for me. This was the first morning in close to two weeks that I’ve be able to sleep in late. I ruined sleeping in on Veterans Day because I didn’t turn off one of my alarms and couldn’t go back to sleep.

I woke up to pee at 8:30 and I immediately thought about this discussion. I put on my glasses but didn’t turn on any lights. Glanced at my phone for a bit and thankfully quickly went back to sleep. Didn’t wake up until 12:15. And on top of that, my 1:00 and 3:00 meetings were cancelled. So that was a complete win.

This happened to me back in the 90's with the phrase "my bad". I started saying it to make fun of Dave Johnson and 25 years later I haven't talked to Dave Johnson in over 2 decades, but I still say "my bad" all the time.

Do we know the same Dave Johnson from the 90s at Wake?

I went to bed last night around 2 am which is pretty typical for me. This was the first morning in close to two weeks that I’ve be able to sleep in late. I ruined sleeping in on Veterans Day because I didn’t turn off one of my alarms and couldn’t go back to sleep.

I woke up to pee at 8:30 and I immediately thought about this discussion. I put on my glasses but didn’t turn on any lights. Glanced at my phone for a bit and thankfully quickly went back to sleep. Didn’t wake up until 12:15. And on top of that, my 1:00 and 3:00 meetings were cancelled. So that was a complete win.

Do we know the same Dave Johnson from the 90s at Wake?

Maybe, but this dave johnson was from high school. I don't know where he went to college.

I started taking a Sleep Aid gelcap every night about two years ago because I’ve never been a terrific sleeper. The times I forget to take one I generally sleep worse so they do help. Bad night for me is waking in middle of the night and not being able to fall back asleep for multiple hours or just waking up super early (like 3-4 am) and not being able to get back at all

Is there a more entertaining company name than Asplundh?

Because our backyard is getting Asplundh'erd right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back