• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cheatin' TKory !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's good tubing at Harpers Ferry, can start on either the Shenandoah or Potomac and then it flows past HF where they converge. Not that you'd be doing that rn.

I've been to Shepherdstown, WV dozens of times, but never stopped by Harpers Ferry. The US Fish and Wildlife Service has their NAtional Conservation Training Center there and used to teach classes on decision modeling for them. They had a pretty good cafeteria. Rumors were that Dick Cheney used it as his "undisclosed location" frequently back in the hey day of the war on terror.

I hear there is pretty good fishing in the river and you don't need motor boat.

also planning to stop through Cuyahoga Valley National Park if folks have any tips for that area

I watched Robin and the 7 Hoods over the weekend, with the Rat Pack and Bing Crosby. Who's the best singer: Frank, Dino, Sammy, or Bing?

also planning to stop through Cuyahoga Valley National Park if folks have any tips for that area

no recs from me, just to say i've done it and it's nice

we just did a little 5 miler on a family baseball trip to the cleve

my brother and his wife had someone bring them a tuna casserole as part of their post-baby meal train and it was the most Midwestern thing I've ever seen in my life

Running Man was great too btw, very different from the movie obvi. I'd be interested to see a more faithful film adaptation, it seems like a great candidate for an updated remake

started Night Shift @mako

Great movie. Shelly Long as a hooker and Henry Winkler and Michael Keaton as pimps. Winkler will never not be The Fonz though.

Night-Shift-jpg.jpg

it does take a certain swagger to be in your late-20s, early-30s and roll up into someone's home with a tuna casserole

never read John le Carre, but saw he passed over the weekend

any must reads of his?

never read John le Carre, but saw he passed over the weekend

any must reads of his?

I have read all the Smiley books, The Night Manager, A Most Wanted Man, and The Constant Gardener.

I think my favorite of his is The Looking Glass War, one of his earliest. I think it's the most clever of the Smiley series. The Spy Who Came in from the Cold is also pretty awesome. His later stuff is good, but I think I like the Smiley stuff best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back