• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cheatin' TKory !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if I won the lottery I’d probably move back to Charlottesville and live out in the county.

Recently, I’ve become very concerned with the prospect of my child and any future children becoming entitled A Holes. I could send them to good public schools and just work on my hobby farm all day.

I would also 100 percent be a prepped if I had the space and/or technical know how.

I think if I won the lottery I’d probably move back to Charlottesville and live out in the county.

Recently, I’ve become very concerned with the prospect of my child and any future children becoming entitled A Holes. I could send them to good public schools and just work on my hobby farm all day.

I would also 100 percent be a prepped if I had the space and/or technical know how.

Bro, I got 80 acres and never looked back. Just pull the fucking trigger. Four dirty, tough-as-shit kids. My 8 year old can read, but more importantly, he can lift a hay bale off the back of a trailer, cut the twine, and spread that shit where it needs to go. I don't brag about my kids when I can help it, but for real - it's a good change.

I actually think reading is more important than proper hay spreading as far as life skills go

I actually think reading is more important than proper hay spreading as far as life skills go

Work ethic will get you places.

Man, not to get political, but I was looking for the quote (which I think was President Trump?) about how potential isn't worth a damn without action/achievement. But when I google anything with Trump in it, I'm slammed with non-stop negative news articles.

I stumbled on a really funny comic strip recently. It's called CRISIS ZONE by Simon Hanselmann. It started in March and is ongoing, you can read it on Simon's IG. I dont know how to even explain it. It has a uh adult bent to say the least.

My kids are in school so I would move within the same neighborhood. I'd also do a beach house in SC and a mountain house in NC, Colorado, or Utah. No way I'm getting all of that done first class for a $10 million lottery win though unless I'm planning to make them rental properties.

Bro, I got 80 acres and never looked back. Just pull the fucking trigger. Four dirty, tough-as-shit kids. My 8 year old can read, but more importantly, he can lift a hay bale off the back of a trailer, cut the twine, and spread that shit where it needs to go. I don't brag about my kids when I can help it, but for real - it's a good change.

Yeah, I was about that age when I started raking hay (My Dad wouldn't let me mow or bale yet). Now I live in a cul de sac and my middle school step son doesn't know anything about that life. Taking empty cups from his room to the kitchen is as close as he has ever been to actual work. It's kind of depressing. He asked his mom for a cardigan for Christmas.

did y'all do class over zoom? if so, why not just record the lecture?

Oh yeah, we record every class to the Cloud. These video wee suppose to be more specific and edited. Meaning I would have to watch it back. Thankfully there are 3-5 social studies teachers yearning to be youtube stars who have produced those types of video for me to use.

Work ethic will get you places.

Man, not to get political, but I was looking for the quote (which I think was President Trump?) about how potential isn't worth a damn without action/achievement. But when I google anything with Trump in it, I'm slammed with non-stop negative news articles.

if you read up on trump it turns out the dude is kinda scummy fair warning

The Dakotas, Rhode Island, and Indiana are the only three states that I'd least like to live in before Florida. Florida is America's trash can. Except for the Keys. I could live in the Keys. But Everglades north is one giant sewer of the worst America has to offer.

Obviously there are exceptions, and plenty of fine people living there, but way too many deplorables.

Last edited:
My kids are in school so I would move within the same neighborhood. I'd also do a beach house in SC and a mountain house in NC, Colorado, or Utah. No way I'm getting all of that done first class for a $10 million lottery win though unless I'm planning to make them rental properties.

This is what I meant when I said it wouldn't solve my life. $10 million doesn't seem like enough money if you're talking about an immediate and permanent lifestyle change. You could take $5 million and invest it in rental properties, and in two or three years, you'd be seriously on your way to changing your family tree.

Don't get me wrong, 10 million would change my life. I would be much better positioned to diversify real estate holdings into light commercial. But it isn't going to buy a skyrise; maybe a share in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back