• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Come Monday, We'll be 1-0: Heading Out to Winston-Salem, for the Labor Day Weekend Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
@birdman are vultures actually good birds?
Yes.

By way of example: India went on an unintentional vulture extermination spree a couple decades ago and subsequently had serious problems with road-kill and decaying dead animals everywhere which then led to disease outbreaks, like botulism, and a spike in feral dog populations that led to rabies problems...it was a real mess that they are still trying to unwind.

Last edited:
joke's on you can't soothe my soul if i'm a Spinozist

u gettin ready for the leaf peepers div

u gettin ready for the leaf peepers div
Good question! This leaf season is gonna be a weird one, I think. The maple we have in our front yard is turning a full six weeks before it has any year before. Anecdotally, my wife and I have noticed some of the more stressed trees showing color pretty early. My guess is that the deluge of rain we had this summer is having an impact on the timing of the color. I'm worried that the folks who wait for Columbus Day weekend are going to get here just in time for stick season. I'd recommend anyone coming up here to target the last week of September, which is usually before peak- but may not be this year.

Yes.

By way of example: India went on a vulture extermination spree a couple decades ago and subsequently had serious problems with road-kill and decaying dead animals everywhere which then led to disease outbreaks, like botulism, and a spike in feral dog populations that led to rabies problems...it was a real mess that they are still trying to unwind.

Why would they do that? Vultures fulfill a LK obvious useful role. That’s like causing a garbage strike. Vultures are awesome.

Biff, I missed you yesterday, I had a how-to get out of commercial lease question I could have used your help with.

Just heard a couple of mice running directly above my head in my drop panel basement ceiling. Great. Time to bait up the traps, usually I don’t have to do this till winter

idk if they still do Max for new accounts. we got it as part of our wireless plan and I know that's over for new accounts. when we got new iPhones at the end of last year they asked my wife if she liked Friends and she said yeah and the person went in the back and got a Friends HBO Max tote bag to give to her and said they were no longer supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back