• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Come Monday, We'll be 1-0: Heading Out to Winston-Salem, for the Labor Day Weekend Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving in both Québec and Vermont, we didn’t encounter any bad traffic. It was so refreshing.
Montreal can be a nightmare if there's a wreck on any one of the bridges or they're doing construction, but yeah, it ain't bad overall.

Montreal can be a nightmare if there's a wreck on any one of the bridges or they're doing construction, but yeah, it ain't bad overall.
We purposely avoided the Montreal area on our drive up and down for that reason.

We can definitely see ourselves settling in Maine or Vermont in several years once our kids are off to college. The wide open spaces and lack of over-development are nice to see.

I've still gotta get up to Quebec City
Really beautiful city. Pretty small and walkable so you can bang it out in a few days. Oldest city streets in North America, if I read correctly…definitely feels like you’re in a European town. Also did a day trip to a nearby falls and then drove around the Île d'Orléans, a very quaint and old island with cheese, fruit, and wine stands dotted about.

Not to take away from the agora of philosophical discussion that is the conference expansion thread, but as penal colonies go, Georgia wasn't really a bad option. New Orleans, Australia, Burma, Goa, if I am a 17th or 18th-century prisoner, I am picking Georgia.

Been at least 20 years since the last time I talked to mack. Good guy. Very intense but fun to hang out with.

Bean club box is here! This quarter I got one pound each of:

Bayo Gordo
Ayocote Morado
Alubia Blanca
Ceci Piccoli
Buckeye
Domingo Rojo

And a 2 oz. bottle of New Mexican Red Chile Powder

Not to take away from the agora of philosophical discussion that is the conference expansion thread, but as penal colonies go, Georgia wasn't really a bad option. New Orleans, Australia, Burma, Goa, if I am a 17th or 18th-century prisoner, I am picking Georgia.

Well yeah, and plus James Oglethorpe's program was to take those who had committed very minor crimes to start the colony, primarily small scale debtors, which would actually help alleviate some of the problems in the English prison system. It didn't really work out that well though on a percentage basis because so many other folks settled as well.

plama has the Yahoo! News article about Carlos Santana being canceled been published yet

Bean club box is here! This quarter I got one pound each of:

Bayo Gordo
Ayocote Morado
Alubia Blanca
Ceci Piccoli
Buckeye
Domingo Rojo

And a 2 oz. bottle of New Mexican Red Chile Powder
congrats on the gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back