• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Come Monday, We'll be 1-0: Heading Out to Winston-Salem, for the Labor Day Weekend Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a tree near West Jefferson that was starting to change last weekend.

Why would they do that? Vultures fulfill a LK obvious useful role. That’s like causing a garbage strike. Vultures are awesome.
I'll edit the original post. I was writing from memory but ended up spreading misinformation. The vulture extermination was the unintentional effect of widespread use of an anti-inflammatory drug in livestock called Diclofenac. It is apparently toxic to birds even in small doses and there was widespread use in India in the 1990's. Vulture populations collapsed by >95% in the subcontinent in the space of a few years.

I'll edit the original post. I was writing from memory but ended up spreading misinformation. The vulture extermination was the unintentional effect of widespread use of an anti-inflammatory drug in livestock called Diclofenac. It is apparently toxic to birds even in small doses and there was widespread use in India in the 1990's. Vulture populations collapsed by >95% in the subcontinent in the space of a few years.
WHY DO YOU LIE!?

Going back to the sports in heat discussion:

My Florida high school offered two slots for summer conditioning (which started the Monday after school ended). You could go at 7:30 or 3:00 PM.

I went to one 3:00 session and vowed never again.

When I moved to VA, instead of two a days, we did one 5 hour practice from 4-9PM.

My main concern right now is that yesterday was "move in day" for UVM and my commute is now fukt.
Do you live/work in Burlington? We stayed there a few days last week on our drive back from Québec City and saw traffic signs giving the heads up for move in day traffic. That main road in must be a nightmare…

Great city, we really enjoyed our stay there. Loved stopping at a random gas station on a country road and snagging a 4-pack of Heady Topper and Focal Banger for $15 apiece. Foam Brewers by the waterfront was nice as was dinner at The Farmhouse. Quick day trip to Stowe and beers at von Trapp brewery. Lake is beautiful…

Do you live/work in Burlington? We stayed there a few days last week on our drive back from Québec City and saw traffic signs giving the heads up for move in day traffic. That main road in must be a nightmare…

Great city, we really enjoyed our stay there. Loved stopping at a random gas station on a country road and snagging a 4-pack of Heady Topper and Focal Banger for $15 apiece. Foam Brewers by the waterfront was nice as was dinner at The Farmhouse. Quick day trip to Stowe and beers at von Trapp brewery. Lake is beautiful…
are Foam and Farmhouse Phish references

Foam Brewery was so fun when we went a few years ago. have a charcuterie/cheese board deal with a flight of their beers and it's right on the water.

Love to hear it. Yep, I work right on Battery St. in downtown and I do usually get off the interstate on Main St. and drive through campus to get to work. It's usually the drive home on Main St. that sucks. That two mile drive from the office to the interstate can take 20 minutes sometimes. That said, Vermont does not have traffic in any true sense of the word having learned to drive in Atlanta.

Glad you got to visit. I love it here.

Foam Brewery was so fun when we went a few years ago. have a charcuterie/cheese board deal with a flight of their beers and it's right on the water.
I haven't been there in a couple of years, but the only thing I didn't like about the place is that it was uncommonly humid and smelled of yeast inside.

Driving in both Québec and Vermont, we didn’t encounter any bad traffic. It was so refreshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back