• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best friend in the whole world is uncut. Before I had my first son, he pulled me aside and told me that I might get some folks saying that I shouldn't get my son circumcised because X reason. Over about an hour he confided some serious shit, but the take away was that being uncut was/is a huge source of pain in his life. From his first girlfriend to his last - all of them have been weirded out by his dick. Dude is one of the nicest dudes I know, and the reactions from some of these women that he related were just fucking heart breaking. Dude straight up has a complex from it and holds it as one of the main reasons he isn't yet married at 30-something.

It was really hard for him to talk about. I'm only relating this here because there's absolutely no way that anyone who reads this could ever connect the dots to who this dude is. Also, I delete all my posts, so whatever. I feel like that a lot of parents only get one side of the story, so it's important that I share when I can be anonymous.

My wife had some reservations about it before he was born, and I shut those down immediately. Along with the health issues associated with not having it, being one of the few uncut guys in a world full of cut dudes cannot be easy. And he was two days old when it happened, so it is not going to create any trauma.

shit i wonder how west end opera house is doing

"Old School" Winston Bar Power Rankings

1. WEOH
2. Silver Moon
3. Rec Basement
4. Finnegans Patio
5. Single Brothers

That being said I'll donate a few bucks for the cause. Crazy that need $80K for that small of a space.

Hmm. I've never been to Silver Moon/Single Brothers. Putters gotta be on the list. Burke Street too. Rec bill basement is awesome.

It appears First Street Draught House closed in 2018. RIP.

Brasky I didn't know you were back in Winston, we should make plans to hang out in 2022

doesn't rec basement suck now hasn't that been the case for like 10 years

"Old School" Winston Bar Power Rankings

1. WEOH
2. Silver Moon
3. Rec Basement
4. Finnegans Patio
5. Single Brothers

That being said I'll donate a few bucks for the cause. Crazy that need $80K for that small of a space.

You're talking about rec basement before they made it all fancy/got liquor, right?

If so my top 3 would be:

1) old rec basement
2) single bros
3) WEOH

Hmm. I've never been to Silver Moon/Single Brothers. Putters gotta be on the list. Burke Street too. Rec bill basement is awesome.

It appears First Street Draught House closed in 2018. RIP.

I wouldn't include putters on the list, since it is more of a full restaurant than these comps (and isn't really a fair comparison as a result, you're not gonna be going to putters to drink till 2 am)... burke street was always real fucking weird/wild the couple times I went..

first street closing was awful :(

yeah, that 3 month - 18 month period was awesome, then we switched to a toddler bed and that was fun

My three year old comes in our room every morning at like 6am (if we’re lucky, often earlier) and we have to grunt at her to go back to bed. For a while we locked our door, but she would get the 5 year olds help to unlock the door and then they’d both be in there making noise.

My wife had some reservations about it before he was born, and I shut those down immediately. Along with the health issues associated with not having it, being one of the few uncut guys in a world full of cut dudes cannot be easy. And he was two days old when it happened, so it is not going to create any trauma.

my research this morning surprised me 1) how much higher circumcision rates were in the US compared to the rest of the world and 2) how much it differed regionally within the US

imrs.php

Brasky I didn't know you were back in Winston, we should make plans to hang out in 2022

Yeah man, moved back last summer. Lets do it once we all get our autism inducing COVID vaccine.

And yes - old school Rec basement, the new version is not as good. But it is still better than upstairs. Although I think we've only been there once since we moved back. Normally we just went to Incendiary because the bar manager grew up in my neighborhood and its a dope space.

I also don't hate Second and Green, it is a solid sports/dive bar off Broad going towards the baseball stadium. I had (he finally got out and moved to CHI) a HS friend who lived in the condos right beside it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't include putters on the list, since it is more of a full restaurant than these comps (and isn't really a fair comparison as a result, you're not gonna be going to putters to drink till 2 am)... burke street was always real fucking weird/wild the couple times I went..

first street closing was awful :(

Agreed and DEFINITELY agreed. Although First Street was more of lunch/afternoon drinking spot, but I used to live in walking distance back in the day and that was day drinking place. Tragic that it closed down.

Yeah man, moved back last summer. Lets do it once we all get our autism inducing COVID vaccine.

And yes - old school Rec basement, the new version is not as good. But it is still better than upstairs. Although I think we've only been there once since we moved back. Normally we just went to Incendiary because the bar manager grew up in my neighborhood and its a dope space.

I also don't hate Second and Green, it is a solid sports/dive bar off Broad going towards the baseball stadium. I had (he finally got out and moved to CHI) a friend who lived in the HS condos right beside it.

Incendiary does have a great space, even better once a pizza spot moved in next door. I don't think I've been to rec since like 2014, just missed the old basement too much and just playing foos for hours while drinking insanely cheap high gravity bottled beers.

Have never heard of S&G, will have to check that out once covid is over if they're still around.

once said what’s up to brasky at fiddling fish

I have strong opinions about the Winston bar scene in spite of not going back much since college

Agreed and DEFINITELY agreed. Although First Street was more of lunch/afternoon drinking spot, but I used to live in walking distance back in the day and that was day drinking place. Tragic that it closed down.

yup, when we had those bad snow days we knew we could always walk to first street and get food/pitchers, not sure what the best burger in winston even is these days.. used to do a lot pitcher drinking on the back patio on nice days during grad school..

Incendiary does have a great space, even better once a pizza spot moved in next door. I don't think I've been to rec since like 2014, just missed the old basement too much and just playing foos for hours while drinking insanely cheap high gravity bottled beers.

Have never heard of S&G, will have to check that out once covid is over if they're still around.

Dude that pizza is so good. Will definitely be returning to Incendiary once we're allowed.

once said what’s up to brasky at fiddling fish

I have strong opinions about the Winston bar scene in spite of not going back much since college

Oh yeah, forgot we ran into you there. I know the people that run Fiddling Fish grew up with us, but man do I not really like their beer. We had an engagement party there and about a dozen of us woke up being terrible and had the shits all the next day. So I don't really go there.

Our boy had his first "I'm going to be a real asshole" night last night. Would not chill out and sleep (not fuss/cry) for more than 5 mins for around 12 hours (2:30p-2:30a). Mom had been up since 4 am the night before so I sent her to bed around 10 and hung with him until she woke back up around 4 am. Finally after trying ever sleep/resting position possible, while mixing in bottle feedings, he finally fell asleep around 3 am. I slept from 4-8, and apparently he's been an angel since I went to be. Mom and baby are now in the bedroom and he's actually sleeping in his bassinet which he refused to do until now.

Hoping this was a one day demonic possession, but I know that is unlikely.

"It'll get better" as they say. Our pediatrician told us we could put our daughter in her crib after the first few weeks, so we did. She didn't sleep at all in the basinet and it was miserable. Since moving her to the crib she sleeps 8-10 straight hours and has been for the last 9 months. It's glorious. If you don't have one, get ya a halo sleep sack. It eliminates the headaches of getting the swaddle just right.

Another hack is to put a bunch of pacifiers in the crib with your son. He will toss a couple out and always have a reserve.

Good luck bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back