• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK why, but Quite Pint just doesn't quite do it for me.

Just can't match the vibes.

Also I have had some absolutely WILD after hours nights at Carlisle's.

I am talking Strippers, fat lines of blow off the bar, stumbling out at 7am, the whole sha-bang.

Taproom dollar draft nights > WEOH > Burke Street Pizza was a solid Thursday night back in the day. But then Taproom became The Tap and got all fancy.

This was economically best preceded by Thirsty Thursday $1 beers at Ernie Shore. I could go out on a Thursday from 5pm-3am for about $20. The $2.75 LIT at WEOH was when the lights usually started flickering for me.

I spent the majority of my nights from 2008-2012 in the Rec basement.

is Mary's Of Course still good or does it suck now?

it's closed now my friend, but I thought it wasn't as good as it used to be in recent years (or at least other places stepped up their brunch offerings so it just seemed that way in comparison)

This was economically best preceded by Thirsty Thursday $1 beers at Ernie Shore. I could go out on a Thursday from 5pm-3am for about $20. The $2.75 LIT at WEOH was when the lights usually started flickering for me.

yeah meant to mention Thirsty Thursday. That was our jam as well.

same guy who owns Quiet Pint and Burke St Pizza

wo, that's wild, how can you nail both those things and then have that terrible idea (though I guess playing hardball with 1st street certainly ended up helping him with quiet pint business, lame)

IDK why, but Quite Pint just doesn't quite do it for me.

Just can't match the vibes.

yeah its definitely not the same vibes at all, but has some dank nachos so it'll do

bummer

OG Mary's was a vibe

new spot didn't hit as strong, but was happy for the owners and their presumed success in opening a bigger joint

wo, that's wild, how can you nail both those things and then have that terrible idea (though I guess playing hardball with 1st street certainly ended up helping him with quiet pint business, lame)

after it closed he put out a long Facebook post explaining his thought process behind some decisions and where he went wrong. This was when every time something closed B40 was blamed, when in reality other factors has been in play for many places. See Hutch & Harris for example

When it wasn’t baseball season the thirsty Thursday deal at Tequila was another solid pregame before heading to tap house and WEOH. $3 34 ounce Dos Equis and big plate of chimichangas.

Does Harpers, aka Girls Girls Girls, still exist? Quality of ladies aside, still one of the wilder gentlemen's establishments I've ever been in. Full nude, BYOB (we brought part of a keg once), girls shooting dollars out of their hoohas, etc. One of my roommates had a family friend considering Wake as a HS senior staying with us one weekend, and we decided it would be a good idea to take him there. He did not elect to attend Wake.

Does Harpers, aka Girls Girls Girls, still exist? Quality of ladies aside, still one of the wilder gentlemen's establishments I've ever been in. Full nude, BYOB (we brought part of a keg once), girls shooting dollars out of their hoohas, etc. One of my roommates had a family friend considering Wake as a HS senior staying with us one weekend, and we decided it would be a good idea to take him there. He did not elect to attend Wake.

after many name changes and a few lawsuits and some late night shootings, it is no longer

I spent the majority of my nights from 2008-2012 in the Rec basement

I remember most of those years fondly (I was probably more 2009-2012), sokolove and i spent a lot of time together, just not together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back