• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread DCCV: cookout (thinks he) KILLED the SUPERLIKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minimal cash; we have a box that has gift cards and cash from our wedding (in 2018) and every so often we'll pull a bill out of there and use it. Pretty sure there are a couple thousand dollars of cash and visa cards in that box/in various drawers around the house. Most cash we use is to pay parking at race venues, so $10-20 cash per year.

That said, 4yr old recently discovered the joy of having your own money and paying for things. She had $5 from a birthday card and bought some stickers that cost $4, got a dollar back and carries it and her receipt around telling everyone, "I spend my own money now."
Ok, Diggler and ATS are rich but they're not just random boxes full of thousands of unaccounted dollars laying haphazardly around the house rich. We have a new winner.

my fitness app has this AI body composition feature where it'll analyze your body with the iphone camera and give you an estimate of your body fat % and I think just seeing a video of myself slowly turning in a circle without a shirt on was motivation enough and I don't need to look at whatever report their AI spits out.

Ashamed of your AI micropenis is no way to go through life.

my fitness app has this AI body composition feature where it'll analyze your body with the iphone camera and give you an estimate of your body fat % and I think just seeing a video of myself slowly turning in a circle without a shirt on was motivation enough and I don't need to look at whatever report their AI spits out.
I now want this app.

Is that one of those Italian wedding things where you get tons of cash? We got no cash from our wedding and if we did my MIL would have died from embarrassment.

She had $5 from a birthday card and bought some stickers that cost $4, got a dollar back and carries it and her receipt around telling everyone, "I spend my own money now."

Ugh. Can I have her call my daughter?
im glad you all appreciate financial independence, my wife hates when I embarrass her in Target like that

couple THOUSAND?
Yeah. We just don't really use them and then I get all weird about 'missing out on the points' from a purchase I would have made on my credit card. I suppose we could go deposit them and use them to pay off purchases made with a credit card, but we pay it off every month anyway and depositing would require a trip to the bank... so yeah, it's just easier to pull one out every so often and think it's exciting to get that Target run stuff for "free."

Yeah. We just don't really use them and then I get all weird about 'missing out on the points' from a purchase I would have made on my credit card. I suppose we could go deposit them and use them to pay off purchases made with a credit card, but we pay it off every month anyway and depositing would require a trip to the bank... so yeah, it's just easier to pull one out every so often and think it's exciting to get that Target run stuff for "free."
I like it. Like a nice little rainy day fund that isn't stressful because you don't know exactly how much is in it.

Oh I forgot I’ll also use cash if I see a Cub Scout popcorn booth. In those case I hand it to them as a donation because I don’t need or want any more goddamn popcorn.

I like it. Like a nice little rainy day fund that isn't stressful because you don't know exactly how much is in it.
Exactly, and then every so often we'll count it and be surprised, then remember MIL sent more cards for Christmas and it's just this little rolling slush fund.

Oh I forgot I’ll also use cash if I see a Cub Scout popcorn booth. In those case I hand it to them as a donation because I don’t need or want any more goddamn popcorn.
Yeah, and you can't get any popcorn for less than like $16 bucks. I would rather just make a donation and call it good than be annoyed I spent $16 on POPCORN.

also this reminds me I need to buy cookies from your kids.

Last edited:
Angels looking out for me today, was having some real dark thoughts and finally decided to do it, so I went to Panera for the charged lemonade and mercifully they moved it behind the counter.
😕

Is that one of those Italian wedding things where you get tons of cash? We got no cash from our wedding and if we did my MIL would have died from embarrassment.
We are definitely not Italian. I don't know, lots of family couldn't make it out and sent cards. Doesn't strike me as weird, though it was a little unexpected.

I now want this app.

Goin for the ole physical and getting dat liver enzyme check. It's like a report card I need to show my wife to let me drink wine on weekdays without getting snide remarks

I can't remember the last time I had cash in my wallet

if something ever requires cash I simply make a panic ATM trip
I figured y’all thought I was weird when I used cash to pay for my wings and tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back