• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread DCCV: cookout (thinks he) KILLED the SUPERLIKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police Academy 1-4 are fucking great...they get real bad real quick after that.
The fact that you are 100% serious with this take is why it is so good.

I think most people would say something like, "Police Academy was dumb, but enjoyable in a raunchy, silly 80s comedy sort of way. The sequel was inevitable and just OK. Then things went off the rails."

But you went all in and stayed with it through #4. That's awesome.

And now I'm digging into this and you could actually make an argument that the first 4 are all OK... And then Steve Guttenberg said he'd had enough and it all fell apart. I have to admit that I watched #4 a lot because it was on ALL OF THE TIME.

I just realized that I've seen Police Academy 5 & 6. I did not remember that until reading the plots. Woof.

The fact that you are 100% serious with this take is why it is so good.

I think most people would say something like, "Police Academy was dumb, but enjoyable in a raunchy, silly 80s comedy sort of way. The sequel was inevitable and just OK. Then things went off the rails."

But you went all in and stayed with it through #4. That's awesome.

And now I'm digging into this and you could actually make an argument that the first 4 are all OK... And then Steve Guttenberg said he'd had enough and it all fell apart. I have to admit that I watched #4 a lot because it was on ALL OF THE TIME.
4 was the only one I was allowed to watch in the 80's when they came out. My parents would not let me see 1,2, or 3, but my cousin's mom did care so we'd watch them at his house in the summer.

Euro Road Trip
Summer Catch
Are you combing these movies? Both are not bad movies IMO. Very rewatchable classic 90s/early 00s films for me.

I also have a soft spot for Summer Catch for many reasons:
1) Shitty northern accents
2) Jason Gedrick (Iron Eagle)
3) Jessica Biel
4) Marc Blucas
5) Baseball movie

You should tell them
1330c811-7a10-44f1-a91c-14cc9fe44cdd_text.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back