• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread DCCVI: We the Posters, In Order to Form a More Perfect Board...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not done with the team but I went to bed at 8:15 last night and I don’t regret it.

Me too. These days I don’t go out of my way to watch wake games during the week or even if I’m doing other stuff on the weekend. It’s too goddamn lame how we find new ways to lose and I don’t really have the desire to be pissed all the time and staying up too late.

emotional repression is very real and along the same lines, emotional expression is very often cultural. I would argue that this community is relatively staid, which is why someone might have to describe themselves as passionate, rather than it being obvious.
One could also argue that getting over emotional about sports is wildly unhealthy and is probably a redirection of suppressed real life anxiety and stress. Especially people that are constantly negative about a team they supposedly love. People that can effectively regulate their emotions over a game are probably exhibiting high emotional maturity.

Me too. These days I don’t go out of my way to watch wake games during the week or even if I’m doing other stuff on the weekend. It’s too goddamn lame how we find new ways to lose and I don’t really have the desire to be pissed all the time and staying up too late.
Yeah, I'll generally watch a 7 pm weeknight game but there's no chance in hell I'm ruining my morning workout for a 9 p.m.

Also, my wife's 1 year anniversary at her job is today, and she increased the sales in her area in that year by over 400 percent from the previous year. Is that good, sales bros? That feels like that's pretty good. I'm proud of my wife.

Also, my wife's 1 year anniversary at her job is today, and she increased the sales in her area in that year by over 400 percent from the previous year. Is that good, sales bros? That feels like that's pretty good. I'm proud of my wife.
sure but now if she doesn't do that every year she'll be on the chopping block

One could also argue that getting over emotional about sports is wildly unhealthy and is probably a redirection of suppressed real life anxiety and stress. Especially people that are constantly negative about a team they supposedly love. People that can effectively regulate their emotions over a game are probably exhibiting high emotional maturity.
Why do you hate Italians?

sure but now if she doesn't do that every year she'll be on the chopping block
Yeah, her projections for the upcoming quarters seem pretty steep. I guess you're punished for doing a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back