• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread DCCVI: We the Posters, In Order to Form a More Perfect Board...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am literally 290 points from 400k and the ability to bestow plat status on someone....I THINK i'll get it in a couple of weeks when my last CC statement for the year posts

SWUs are almost useless though..."systemwide" my ass
Thanks in advance !

Anyone have tips or tricks to amassing United miles?
I get to fly solo to DC in June (NO KIDS! JUST RESPONSIBLE FOR MYSELF! THE FREEDOM IS OVERWHELMING!) and want to upgrade as much as possible without paying crazy for it.
I just got the UNited Quest credit card. I put everything on that. I’ve got 150k miles in about 5 mths. 70k miles deposited after spending 4k in the first 3 months

Anyone have tips or tricks to amassing United miles?
I get to fly solo to DC in June (NO KIDS! JUST RESPONSIBLE FOR MYSELF! THE FREEDOM IS OVERWHELMING!) and want to upgrade as much as possible without paying crazy for it.
Do you have any of the United credit cards already? If you can run $5k through it between now and then the United Club card has an 80k sing up bonus and will get you lounge access.

There's like a $500 or $600 dollar annual fee iirc, but that's not due until you've had the card for a year so you can probably product change to a different card after your trip (assuming you no longer have a need for the United card).

Do you have any of the United credit cards already? If you can run $5k through it between now and then the United Club card has an 80k sing up bonus and will get you lounge access.

There's like a $500 or $600 dollar annual fee iirc, but that's not due until you've had the card for a year so you can probably product change to a different card after your trip (assuming you no longer have a need for the United card).
I have a Chase Sapphire Reserve and Preferred already, and have about 35k points between them that I know I can transfer over to United, so I'm not really wanting to do another high annual fee card.

...also, between now and June I honestly don't think we'll have 5k of consumer spending. We just bought new appliances which would have been a big thing (obviously), but otherwise we just spend out the butt on daycare costs and we can't put them on a credit card. We'd be swimming in miles if we could.

I have a Chase Sapphire Reserve and Preferred already, and have about 35k points between them that I know I can transfer over to United, so I'm not really wanting to do another high annual fee card.

...also, between now and June I honestly don't think we'll have 5k of consumer spending. We just bought new appliances which would have been a big thing (obviously), but otherwise we just spend out the butt on daycare costs and we can't put them on a credit card. We'd be swimming in miles if we could.

Also can get about double value using chase points elsewhere like a Hyatt stay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have to think realllyyyy hard to figure out the last time I stayed at a hotel, but yeah.
We basically have rewards cards so we can save on flights to go visit family. Some day we'll be cool again.

Finally a Kory post I can be down with

Yah , for me it’s tempting to gift to your spouse so you get more miles, but it’s probably more valuable to give to a client or business partner.

What do you suggest I do for a trip to Japan in April. Already booked premium economy, and a flagship first flight was like $4-8k more at time of booking, but now offer is $1,100 per seat for a 12 hour flight.

Are the new changes effective tomorrow where I’d get points for paying for the upgrade ?

Or should I call and request to upgrade with points ?

Or if neither is it worth it to upgrade ? I’d probably do it if I were flying solo….

I gifted gold to my wife and one of my sons already. My other 20 y/o may get this one - he’s flying to Prague for spring break so he’d get some benefit

@dartsndeacs id try miles first, you’ll probably get the upgrade if they’re selling it cheap. Paying for that one is tempting as you’d get a lot MORE miles at a high multiplier I think. Either way you have to upgrade. Flagship is pretty nice and the lounge is awesome

Of course I end up in the last heat of the night. 930 pm. That’s like an hour and a half past my bedtime.

Two Spelling Bee hints…

One of the panagrams is a word important to conservative Christians. And a prominent poster’s name is available.

Morning CT! Is it common for both your car headlights to go out at once, because that definitely happened last night. Not a fun drive home from the tennis courts, I had to use the brights strategically. Maybe it's a fuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back