• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread DIVine: There's more than one answer to this chat thread, pointing me in a crooked line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tropical fish are pretty racist IMO. Only hanging out with their own colors

There may be a link between marijuana and schizophrenia. Young men who frequently use potent marijuana have an increased risk of developing the mental condition, according to a new study. As many as 30% of cases among men between 21 and 30 years old could have been prevented had they avoided cannabis use disorder.

This study also has certain limitations. The register-based nature of the study means that we only have information on both diagnosed CUD and diagnosed schizophrenia. This bias, however, is likely to be toward the null hypothesis, thus indicating that our results may be conservative, and PARFs of CUD on schizophrenia may be underestimated. Moreover, unmeasured and residual confounding factors likely exist, as the registers do not provide information on potentially important items such as frequency and amount of cannabis used, age of first use, or the THC content of cannabis products. Furthermore, we did not have access to genetic information, but as mentioned above, genetic confounding factors are unlikely to account for the observed differences. Finally, although the observational nature of this study does not directly allow for causal inference and we cannot be certain of the proportion of exposed individuals who might have developed schizophrenia even in the absence of CUD, it is unlikely that all of the associations between CUD and schizophrenia would be explained by confounding factors [e.g. tobacco use disorder (Fergusson et al., Reference Fergusson, Hall, Boden and Horwood2015; Gurillo et al., Reference Gurillo, Jauhar, Murray and MacCabe2015)].
wow those seem like pretty important variables to account for

Have a friend that taught at a private boarding school years ago. He had some crazy stories. The girls would flirt with him all the time. Short skirt/no panties and sit in the front row kind shit and just stare at him. I'm like 99% sure he didn't break but I'm sure that stuff eventually forced him to leave the job.
Guy I knew replaced a teacher who succumbed to such activity.
First order of business he set up assigned seating with those young ladies in the back of the classroom.

My wife asked me to pick up dinner on the way home from work after I went to the bank and after I picked up the car (6 days later) and I absolutely fumbled the bag. I went Panda Express for expediency, proximity and food toddlers would eat, and man did I make a terrible choice. What I would give for a Boston Market type thing where I could get non fried fast meals quick.

This week of L’s needs to end.

My wife asked me to pick up dinner on the way home from work after I went to the bank and after I picked up the car (6 days later) and I absolutely fumbled the bag. I went Panda Express for expediency, proximity and food toddlers would eat, and man did I make a terrible choice. What I would give for a Boston Market type thing where I could get non fried fast meals quick.

This week of L’s needs to end.

Did you scream at and berate yourself for the error ?

This week's episode of The Flash is a time travel episode. Back to the Year 2000. Which was almost half my life ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back