• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Excelsior: Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
First day of school here too. Left our old school for the neighborhood school. It's going to be great but today it's a bit #nervous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My kid's new school is 75% girls. He doesn't appreciate it yet...

Good luck to E and the others on their first school day!

Thanks! He was doing really well until it was time for us to leave his class, then he broke down. I am sure he was doing fine a few minutes after we left, but there's nothing quite so heart wrenching as leaving your crying child and pulling his hands from clinging to you.

We start middle school today. My kid also officially becomes a band nerd as he's learning the clarinet.

Tsy, can you give me some coping strategies for him?

Nothing wrong with being a band nerd. A clarinetist, however...

:thumbsup:

Because it's the first day of school, all the daycare classes are shifting upward. It's the Squirrel's first full day in the two-year old room :eek:

tumblr_mmepxpMC5h1rwvo2bo1_500.jpg

His first choice was drums. We vetoed that one.

Then, he chose between trumpet and clarinet. He decided on clarinet because his grandmother played it. His clarinet is, in fact, his grandmother's refinished clarinet. I think that's pretty cool.

Round 2 of First Day of School pics on FB (all of my GA peeps went through this on August 1). Prepare for newsfeed overload of cuteness! :D

And I'd just like to say that sinus infections are the worst. I seriously haven't felt as bad as I have this past week since chemo. Finally went to the doc on Saturday and got good drugs (amoxicillin & codeine cough syrup). They are helping some, in that for the first time since Tuesday I slept longer than 45 minutes without a half hour long coughing fit. Surprisingly I haven't broken a rib or coughed up a lung yet.

His first choice was drums. We vetoed that one.

Then, he chose between trumpet and clarinet. He decided on clarinet because his grandmother played it. His clarinet is, in fact, his grandmother's refinished clarinet. I think that's pretty cool.

Were all the sports taken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back