• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Finite: See you in church!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i-appreciate-the-offer-but-i-think-ima-have-to-pass_c_2356479.jpg

obligatory "It's Your Dog!11"

I think it's good that GoNiners showed us that numbering the caht thread is unimportant. WAKE UP SHEEPLE !

Mods asleep at the wheel. There was a time when thread titles would be changed for using Roman Numerals, let alone fudging the numbers.

Also, Vad is a god damned legend. First class internet friend meetup. In other news, Brasky is in love with his boo from last night.

Also, Vad is a god damned legend. First class internet friend meetup. In other news, Brasky is in love with his boo from last night.

Nah, was just trying to keep my options open for Praha, since they are traveling here tomorrow. But you had to go and make her crazy ass sister go Stage 5 on you. You and the crazies bro.

I've never been to Chicago. Frontier has some super cheap flights. Would it be worth it to go for just like a day and a half, and on the full day, go to a Cubs and/or White Sox game? There's a day with an afternoon game for one team and a night game for the other.

I've never been to Chicago. Frontier has some super cheap flights. Would it be worth it to go for just like a day and a half, and on the full day, go to a Cubs and/or White Sox game? There's a day with an afternoon game for one team and a night game for the other.

Id go to Wrigley out of the two (more Iconic) and spend the rest of the day doing touristy stuff that interests you

Don't go to Chicago just for a Cubs game and don't go to a White Sox game.

me and kory walked the MAGNIFICENT MILE

it wasn't that magnificent

Mods asleep at the wheel. There was a time when thread titles would be changed for using Roman Numerals, let alone fudging the numbers.

lol, well changing from roman numerals is easy since you just have to translate them, i'm just too tired/lazy to look back and see where are + just don't care at this point, we've just done a lot of them now, too many to count.

Hmm. Maybe visit the Art Institute of Chicago, a Wrigley tour, then a Cubs game. Probably a city that deserves more than 36 hours but it would be a start.

Haha, thanks guys - was a fun time having you all here. I'm a bit disappointed neither of you tried to make a pass at any of the waitresses from the canal ... I thought Brasky was going to try to pull the trigger on the girl with the "shorts" and leg tattoo for a minute, but the aperolspritzers he was funneling down like I do water after playing pick-up probably distracted him.

I can't believe you went to that bar you went to last night. I'm sure you caught an STD just by walking in the door :)

Wherein vad lives single life vicariously through Internet friends.

lol, well changing from roman numerals is easy since you just have to translate them, i'm just too tired/lazy to look back and see where are + just don't care at this point, we've just done a lot of them now, too many to count.

This is CT 194.

Yes do it. Adventures are the way to live. F domestication

I think Chicago would be fun for a day + trip, the NY Times probably even has one of those handy "what to do for 36 hours in Chicago" columns on the internets.

One of my favorite childhood memories was going to Chicago for a weekend with my mom -- went to a game at Wrigley, got Dale Murphy's autograph (he was playing for the Phillies at the time), had John Kruk grab his crotch at me when I asked him for his autograph (don't think he really heard me and it was just coincidence, but he later ended up losing a testicle, so I win), Murph hit a bomb...good day. Went to one of the last games at Old Comiskey either that evening or the next, saw Bobby Thigpen get his 51st save on his way to setting the record for most saves, was extremely terrified of South Chicago and the Comiskey area as an 11 or 12 year old or whatever.

Anyway, think we did some museum shit too, including trying to go around to all the places at the Art Institute that they show in Ferris Bueller. Think we went up the Sears Tower, too, don't remember. Stayed at a pretty sweet hotel, the Palmer House, ate at Ed Debevics. Good times for a kid. Ah, memories.

So yeah, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back