• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Finite: See you in church!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed into youtube to chat about one of those stupid Bahamas baksetball games and now my fucking gmail is sending my name as El Chupe. I've changed it, but it still is displaying as El Chupe. Is there some sort of delay before my changes take effect? Has this happened to anyone else?

Guess that's kind of awkward when you're g-chatting the boss?

El Chupe: Did you see the e-mail I sent you?

Guess that's kind of awkward when you're g-chatting the boss?

El Chupe: Did you see the e-mail I sent you?

Yeah, I just responded to something my old boss sent and that's what it says. It's driving me crazy. I've changed it in like five different places but it is still showing up. Fuck you OGBOARDS, I blame cookout.

Whew, I think it is fixed. Thanks cookout, I take all that back. Love you ogboards. Love you CT.

i think we can all agree that email is the worst

In an cubicle environment, I much prefer it to a long-ass phone call of "ok, now click that button in the top right and then enter your amount. no, not that one. it should be just to the left of that one..."
That kind of instructional info can be in an email. Please.

img_7467.jpg

WHAT. IS. THAT.

no.

The problem in a lot of work settings is that a lot of emails should be phone calls and a lot of meetings should be emails.

The problem in a lot of work settings is that a lot of emails should be phone calls and a lot of meetings should be emails.

Yeeepppppp.
I would say 90% of my meetings could be emails. Infuriating.

Not every day I get this phone call at the desk:

Caller: Could you check your lost and found for something? It was a wallet lost in July.
Chupe: Sure, what's the name?
Caller: Coach Karl, George Karl.
Chupe: Like, George Karl the basketball coach?
Caller: Yes, it was his wallet.
Chupe: (checking, pretty sure he would remember if he saw George Karl's wallet returned) Nope, nothing here. Sorry. Tell him I loved those 90s Sonic teams, and his Bucks teams even after that with Big Dog and Ray Allen and Sam Cassell and shit.

I just added that last part in my mind.

Also annoying: "Did you see that e-mail I sent you?"

Of course I did you stupid fuck. I don't arbitrarily ignore or auto-delete e-mails from my co-workers. I'll get to it when I get to it. If you need something NOW, call me or come by my desk (and don't start the conversation with "Did you see that e-mail I sent you?").

If I want to send an email to add context to the question I'm going to ask, sometimes I'll send then walk over to the person (or call if they're in a different office) and usually start with "not trying to be that person who walks over to see about an email, but ....."

Usually my answer to "did you see that email" is "not yet." Like you said, I'll get there!

Or just manage your inbox better, slackers.

Not every day I get this phone call at the desk:

Caller: Could you check your lost and found for something? It was a wallet lost in July.
Chupe: Sure, what's the name?
Caller: Coach Karl, George Karl.
Chupe: Like, George Karl the basketball coach?
Caller: Yes, it was his wallet.
Chupe: (checking, pretty sure he would remember if he saw George Karl's wallet returned) Nope, nothing here. Sorry. Tell him I loved those 90s Sonic teams, and his Bucks teams even after that with Big Dog and Ray Allen and Sam Cassell and shit.

I just added that last part in my mind.

It would be weird if that happened every day.

Working from home today. It is glorious.

I usually wait a day or two and then send an email that says, "To follow up on my prior email . . . ."

Or just manage your inbox better, slackers.

I assume you're just trolling, but curious regardless what you mean specifically.

When I'm working on a project, I don't stop and read every single email that comes in. When someone walks over 5 minutes or less after sending an email, not sure how managing my inbox would help there.

Speaking of managing the ol' inbox... I hate having enough emails to create a scrollbar. Gotta keep it to a minimum. 23 emails right now, which is fine.

Emergency alert just received.

THE HEAVY
RAIN MAY CAUSE TEMPORARY STREET FLOODING OR ROAD PONDING
IN SLOW DRAINAGE AREAS. WHEN WATER COVERS THE
ROAD

REMEMBER TO TURN AROUND AND DON'T DROWN.

Thanks for the last part, I was planning on drowning today.

Emergency alert just received.

THE HEAVY
RAIN MAY CAUSE TEMPORARY STREET FLOODING OR ROAD PONDING
IN SLOW DRAINAGE AREAS. WHEN WATER COVERS THE
ROAD

REMEMBER TO TURN AROUND AND DON'T DROWN.

Thanks for the last part, I was planning on drowning today.

That's the big transpo catch phrase recently in terms of flooding. Similar to "Click it or ticket" with seat belts. You see it all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back