• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread follow up !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't speak for the actual teachers and educators on here, but it seems like if you are a teacher, you probably didn't get into the game for the money or the administrative tasks. You got in to educate children and adolescents. Anecdotally it doesn't seem that an increase in compensation to go into administration is a big enough jump to take you away from the thing you went to school for and intentionally sought out.

This is spot on. There are very few aspects of an admin job that I think I’d enjoy.
I watched a dear friend of mine move to administration and the toll it took on him. He was an exceptional classroom teacher, and a hell of a vice principal, then principal. He had a enviable shine to/for kids. It slowly got crushed out of him. Politics had to be served more than his natural talents.
Pretty shitty thing to happen to such a great guy.

I watched a dear friend of mine move to administration and the toll it took on him. He was an exceptional classroom teacher, and a hell of an vice principal, then principal. He had a enviable shine to/for kids. It slowly got crushed out of him. Politics had to be served more than his natural talents.
Pretty shitty thing to happen to such a great guy.
Yeah. Upper administration positions at a large university are largely political and there's a lot of pencil pushing, meetings, and people pleasing. Those are the types of jobs I went into education to avoid.

I’m listening to prime country and Queen of My Doublewide Trailer just came on and I don’t think there’s any time or genre of music with more just absolutely terrible songs that I love listening to more than 80s and 90s commercial country.
amen to this

I have this small patch of mountain mint in one of my garden beds, and it is absolutely bonkers how many bugs are swarming around it every afternoon. Those pollinators fucking love this plant

Same I have some oregano that bolted and tons of flowers on there that normally I’d cut back but there were honeybees on it so I feel like it has to stay

When my wife was pregnant with my son we discovered that he would move all over the place when we played John Deere Green.

So we played it a lot.

After he was born and had some motor skills we played it and he was loving it.
My oldest made us play Ocean Front Property on repeat basically as soon as she could speak.

5pm on Friday? Mandatory software installation. Do not shut down or disconnect from the network!

And while I'm at it: I think parents ought to have to do a week in school (with their kids, even) like jury duty. Be a whole lot more appreciation for what teachers do every day.

Question my buddy asked me that made me ponder for a bit: what percentage of Americans ages 28-40 do you think would know the song Mr. Brightside? Not necessarily lyric for lyric, but at least recognize the song and go "oh, this is Mr. Brightside"

Question my buddy asked me that made me ponder for a bit: what percentage of Americans ages 28-40 do you think would know the song Mr. Brightside? Not necessarily lyric for lyric, but at least recognize the song and go "oh, this is Mr. Brightside"
90%?

I’m listening to prime country and Queen of My Doublewide Trailer just came on and I don’t think there’s any time or genre of music with more just absolutely terrible songs that I love listening to more than 80s and 90s commercial country.
Boot scoot boogey

85%.

Killers put on a great show back in the day

gotta figure out what my Friday Night Plan is. too hot to go out...

Need to find a movie... start yet another streaming series based on Phillipa Gregory novels... or get sucked into another night of WWE Smackdown.

Y'all are jealous of the single guy. admit it

And while I'm at it: I think parents ought to have to do a week in school (with their kids, even) like jury duty. Be a whole lot more appreciation for what teachers do every day.
That would be a shit show worse than a school board meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back