• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: I worked out with a dumbell yesterday, I feel vigorous

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do
I target 1,000 calories…75 minutes of exercise and stand 14 times.

That’s probably agressive. I’d start with a low calorie number and if you feel you are hitting it early or easily then up it.

Also…the calories burned aren’t accurate necessarily but they are useful as a goal/progression

Thx. I resisted getting one of these until now.

Had it about a week…going to town on the Apple fitness workouts for beginners…for now achieving 800 calories, 60 minutes of exercise, and 12 hours standing. But feeling like I need to progress from here.

Thx. I resisted getting one of these until now.

Had it about a week…going to town on the Apple fitness workouts for beginners…for now achieving 800 calories, 60 minutes of exercise, and 12 hours standing. But feeling like I need to progress from here.
if you are getting 800 Cals during 60 minutes of exercise you are crushing. That's a ton. Like i said...use it for progression vs absolute value.
But man there is something satisfying about closing that ring.

I also use it for sleep hygiene. I use an app called AutoSleep. tracks important sleep metrics etc...

I use what I think is the default - 750 calories, 30 actives minutes, 12 standing hours.

I don’t give a shit if I hit any of them, but it serves as an indicator of whether or not I’ve been lazy that day.

Always hit that 12 hours. Usually hit that 30/750 if I’ve done anything beyond sitting on my ass for work all day.

if you are getting 800 Cals during 60 minutes of exercise you are crushing. That's a ton. Like i said...use it for progression vs absolute value.
But man there is something satisfying about closing that ring.

I also use it for sleep hygiene. I use an app called AutoSleep. tracks important sleep metrics etc...

I’m only doing about twenty minutes of “workout” so far (planning to increase) but getting an lot of exercise credit and calories counted for lots of brisk walking I do normally at work and intentionally when not working.

Being fairly task oriented, closing the rings is a good motivator for me.

i would haaaaaate wearing a watch to bed
I thought I’d be this way, but I really like the data.

I’m sure it’s mostly crap. The main thing I look at is hours of sleep over weeks and months. Feels like that would be pretty accurate.

I’ve been a better human since striving for 8 hours a night. I used to be a 6 hours a night guy.

i also have the type of brain where "the data" would always be on my mind and be a sleep impediment

i'm pretty sure that Professor Actual Factual is the only bear to wear shoes in the Berenstain Bears series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back