• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: I worked out with a dumbell yesterday, I feel vigorous

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my approach for too long. I just took nutritionists at their word when they said protein was good (okay agree with this) and encouraged eating yogurt and eggs and a handful of nuts every now and then (and obviously I'm eating plenty of cheese either way)... this entire time I should have been mainlining poultry and nothing else
but the environment!

This was my approach for too long. I just took nutritionists at their word when they said protein was good (okay agree with this) and encouraged eating yogurt and eggs and a handful of nuts every now and then (and obviously I'm eating plenty of cheese either way)... this entire time I should have been mainlining poultry and nothing else
i use a macro tracker.
I can tell you every g of protein, carb or fat that enters my body.

How are vegetarians surviving out there? Looks like Tempeh is probably the closest in terms of protein per oz.

The road kill references brought back an image that's seared into my brain.

I was headed west on I40 to meet someone on music business at the Town Pump in Black Mountain.

As I crested Old Fort Mountain and headed down into Ridgecrest, I saw a black bear carcass on the apron being "attended to" by a man with a hatchet. He was furiously hacking at the left front paw, trying to sever it from the body. He was most likely bent on having all four, and the gallbladder, too.

I still find it disquieting.

Random Question/Topic - mako batsignal

In 4th grade girls basketball, you are only allowed to play defense in the halfcourt. Most teams will set up 2 girls to aggressively trap the girl bringing the ball over halfcourt and then use 2 other girls behind them on each wing to try to intercept a pass from that girl to somebody on either side of the court. Then they leave one big immobile girl underneath the hoop to defend everyone else (mostly because girls can't throw it accurately from halfcourt to a girl in the paint).

What would be the best strategy to combat this kind of defense? Two girls spread apart in the backcourt so that the defense can't focus on one girl to trap? And then one girl up in the middle at the 3 point line in addition to girls on the wing?

I'm struggling with the best way to combat this because we only have 2 girls that can dribble worth a shit. We also have a mobile big who has no problem just running through people. The rest of our players are pretty worthless.

In 4th grade girls basketball, you are only allowed to play defense in the halfcourt. Most teams will set up 2 girls to aggressively trap the girl bringing the ball over halfcourt and then use 2 other girls behind them on each wing to try to intercept a pass from that girl to somebody on either side of the court. Then they leave one big immobile girl underneath the hoop to defend everyone else (mostly because girls can't throw it accurately from halfcourt to a girl in the paint).

What would be the best strategy to combat this kind of defense? Two girls spread apart in the backcourt so that the defense can't focus on one girl to trap? And then one girl up in the middle at the 3 point line in addition to girls on the wing?

I'm struggling with the best way to combat this because we only have 2 girls that can dribble worth a shit. We also have a mobile big who has no problem just running through people. The rest of our players are pretty worthless.
all i know is that you need a rule that you can't shoot until every player has touched the ball

just reporting the Rules for 4th grade basketball

I have a protein shake in the morning. Another one after I workout. Maybe a protein bar in the afternoon (or a beef stick). Pumpkin seeds late morning. Chicken or Fish for dinner.

Fruity Pebbles or something similar before bed.

hmm...8 Mile came out when Gen X was in their 30s and 40s
WOW. Really?!!?

Do you still do this when you are going on bumble dates? Or are those considered cheat/no-tracking days?
Every day i track. it's a little more guesswork when eating out, but yeah i track it. If I know I am doing something on a given night i adjust the rest of the day

You're in a terrible league that focuses more on winning than developing any sort of fundamental skill or love for the game. In 4th you should just be playing straight man by rule and focusing on fundamentals.

But yeah, if you have to ball handlers set up in a box, draw the trap and kick. If your big can catch anything at all flash her to ball side from the free throw line to the top of the key and then look to the opposite block for the layup.

Probably just don't overcomplicate it though. If you have two that can dribble, put them both in the backcourt and if the trap comes kick to the other that can dribble and then attack the basket.

hold music just now was Brubek's Take Five

do you have to pay for licenses on hold music?? seems like a big flex

beans, nuts, nut butters, tofu, dairy, etc. plus all the incidental protein from things like oatmeal

i think you guys are too influenced by Big Protein
My doctor specifically wants me getting between 50-100g/protein day so I guess they are the ones being influenced, I haven't really done the math until now though. I think I am actually getting it pretty easy on days where I eat chicken for dinner., but I could just eat more chicken and worry even less.

Thanks.

Yeah, it's a rec league. The setup is actually pretty great in that every elementary school in the county has a team (or two), so you play a wide variety of teams. Some are terrible and some are really good. But most of the scoring ends up being in transition because once the defense is set up, most of the girls aren't skilled (or strong) enough to handle pressure.

Agree on the man to man. It's just so easy to teach kids to play (shitty) zone, especially the non-athletes. "This is your area."

But it sucks to watch. And it sucks for the big girls because they never get the ball unless there is a rebound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back