• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: I worked out with a dumbell yesterday, I feel vigorous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

Yeah, it's a rec league. The setup is actually pretty great in that every elementary school in the county has a team (or two), so you play a wide variety of teams. Some are terrible and some are really good. But most of the scoring ends up being in transition because once the defense is set up, most of the girls aren't skilled (or strong) enough to handle pressure.

Agree on the man to man. It's just so easy to teach kids to play (shitty) zone, especially the non-athletes. "This is your area."

But it sucks to watch. And it sucks for the big girls because they never get the ball unless there is a rebound.
Yeah, big girls need love, too.

Also, the rules change every year. 2nd grade is defense only inside the 3 point line (and 8ft hoop). 3rd grade goes to halfcourt defense (and 8ft hoop). 4th grade is now 9ft hoop. 5th grade will be full-court pressure and 10ft hoop.

I hate it, but my girls really like playing (even though they are just OK).

In the spirit of ATS, housing my 4 year olds leftover chicken tendies for lunch (wrapped up in a tortilla with cheese and chick-fil-a sauce). MACROS

This was my approach for too long. I just took nutritionists at their word when they said protein was good (okay agree with this) and encouraged eating yogurt and eggs and a handful of nuts every now and then (and obviously I'm eating plenty of cheese either way)... this entire time I should have been mainlining poultry and nothing else
just eat (chicken tinga) tacos man

hold music just now was Brubek's Take Five

do you have to pay for licenses on hold music?? seems like a big flex
It depends.
Usually the phone system comes with hold music options, these are often licensed. A great example and one of the most ubiquitous is Opus 1

More current systems allow you to upload anything for hold music so if you own a file you can upload it.

Keep the emotions aspect out of it. That’s not going to be anything positive for you. Just talk about there have been some specific customer situations recently that you wanted to raise with her and see what her POV was about it, etc.

This. You have to keep it about performance, not emotions. Does she have goals/performance standards around customer contact and expectations? If she doesn’t, you should consider putting those in place.

It depends.
Usually the phone system comes with hold music options, these are often licensed. A great example and one of the most ubiquitous is Opus 1

More current systems allow you to upload anything for hold music so if you own a file you can upload it.

bring back custom ring songs!

Thanks.

Yeah, it's a rec league. The setup is actually pretty great in that every elementary school in the county has a team (or two), so you play a wide variety of teams. Some are terrible and some are really good. But most of the scoring ends up being in transition because once the defense is set up, most of the girls aren't skilled (or strong) enough to handle pressure.

Agree on the man to man. It's just so easy to teach kids to play (shitty) zone, especially the non-athletes. "This is your area."

But it sucks to watch. And it sucks for the big girls because they never get the ball unless there is a rebound.

I used to coach in a similar league. I was the only one that taught man to man defense plus we did dribbling and passing drills at every practice. I always had 1 or 2 parents complain cause I did not run set plays (I taught motion, how to screen). We always finished in the top 3 and kids were able to dribble by the end of the season.

And Windy, if you haven’t made contact with your HR/employee relations partner yet, I think it’s time to make sure you dot the i’s/cross the t’s in your “coaching journal.”

Disclaimer: I skipped about 100 posts but I’ll go back and read later.

This. You have to keep it about performance, not emotions. Does she have goals/performance standards around customer contact and expectations?
yep. all measurable stuff and what i am using. Part of this is that she has talent and I'd like to coach her to be better, but that's where drama and emotion get in the way of her skillset being utilized.

And I did contact HR.... that's where the "Pre-PMP" came from

I charge mine in the car when I drive.

I also enjoy setting the alarm on my watch and be woken up by the vibration versus an audible alarm.
My takeaway from these responses is that apple watches recharge a lot faster than I expected. 30-60 minutes a day can offset 23-23.5 hours of use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back