• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread lame titles. Owning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys know about gallbladders? Had an ultrasound yesterday that showed no stones but a significant build up/blockage.

Apparently the only treatment is to just remove it if symptoms persist? Seems kind of crazy.

Sit on a speaker and turn up the bass, it'll shake that shit out.

Interestingly I just learned the other day that one of the most famous composers of viola da gamba music, Marin Marais, composed a piece about a gallbladder procedure.

ETA - Shit. Not the gallbladder after all.

Marais is credited with being one of the earliest composers of program music.[2] His work The[3] Bladder-Stone Operation, for viola da gamba and harpsichord, includes composer's annotations such as "The patient is bound with silken cords" and "He screameth."[2] The title has often been interpreted as "The Gall-Bladder Operation," but that surgery was not performed until the late 19th century.[4] Urinary bladder surgery to remove stones was already a medical specialty in Paris in the 17th century.[5][6]

I should hit up Panera. Got a credit for a free bagel every day this month on my special little Panera card, and haven't gone by to redeem it even once.

I like soup in a bread bowl but that ish is messy to eat. It's kinda like nachos: something I prefer to eat in private.

Last edited:
Any Wilmington deacs on here? Going to be spending some time there shortly.

Just applied for Global Entry. Anyone know how long it takes to get approved?

Spend some time on the google and you'll find some pretty serious message boards dedicated to this. Mine took months and then it was pretty difficult to line up an interview because airports were booked for months. Finally did it when I was in Philly for Townie's wedding. Friends waited outside for me in the car. Really depends on the city though; interview wait time in austin was like eight months. The secret is to log on every day and inevitably someone will cancel and a spot will open up. Gotta be vigilant.

if you have done the interview, should be about 15 minutes.

Yeah, once you've actually done the interview, you'll get the email before you can get out of the airport. Unless you're a terrorist probably.

do you buy this somewhere, or just smash your own avocado onto toast?
I do the latter, it's surpassing yogurt as my go-to b-fast move.

Best avocado toast ever at Le Pain Quotidien. Not cheap, but so so good. Chains all over the place too.

Per the Myth Buster article. It seems to indicate that carrying a small balance is better than spending 0 on it. So it seems likely I was comparing it to me not using the card at all. As my utilization jumped from say 0% to 5-10%. But using it and paying it off each month is the best. Using it and paying it off before the cycle ends is bad, as is having it and not using it.

I think this myth is partially a vocabulary problem too: the secret is not paying off charges before the billing cycle ends because otherwise the credit card company never reports those charges to the credit bureaus (and your utilization is 0%). You should always pay off the charges once you're billed however; never "carry a balance" from month to month.

What do you guys know about gallbladders? Had an ultrasound yesterday that showed no stones but a significant build up/blockage.

Apparently the only treatment is to just remove it if symptoms persist? Seems kind of crazy.

Where do I begin. Gallbladders make me curse.

My husband's grandmother has been in and out of the hospital the past eww weeks with fall stones. They can't get her regulated enough to do surgery.

My great aunts husband was rushed to the hospital last week. He had gallstones which escaped the gallbladder and tore up his intestines. He's still in ICU over a week later. They removed the gallbladder and had to repair the intestines.

Like any good American, I enjoy Panera's crack-laced Cheddar/Broccoli Soup.

When I'm packing a lunch, this mass-produced sandwich cheese takes the cake:

0046100002780_CF_version_type_large.jpeg

I should hit up Panera. Got a credit for a free bagel every day this month on my special little Panera card, and haven't gone by to redeem it even once.

I like soup in a bread bowl but that ish is messy to eat. It's kinda like nachos: something I prefer to eat in private.

I had that free bagel thing last month and think I used it 4-5 times. There is a Panera literally right when I get off the metro but their bagels just aren't that good so it wasn't very enticing. One of my friends recommended getting the bagel and giving it to a homeless person. Probably easier in DC than elsewhere.

I feel like Panera can be hit or miss - although I frequently like the Thai chicken salad. But I am just not a fan of the bagels. Not very dense. I think I've been spoiled by NJ.

Work started blocking Rotowire. My fantasy baseball draft is only 5 to 6 weeks away. Damn them!

I had that free bagel thing last month and think I used it 4-5 times. There is a Panera literally right when I get off the metro but their bagels just aren't that good so it wasn't very enticing. One of my friends recommended getting the bagel and giving it to a homeless person. Probably easier in DC than elsewhere.

I feel like Panera can be hit or miss - although I frequently like the Thai chicken salad. But I am just not a fan of the bagels. Not very dense. I think I've been spoiled by NJ.

That's all I eat there. No bagels.

People pay off their credit card before they even get the monthly bill? What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back