• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Logorrhea !

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I noticed that Lady Bird dropped below 100% on RT, and I was flipping through the review blurbs from the negative reviewer, and I saw this, from his Wonder Woman review, which he gave an F:

As boring and flavorless as a three-day-old grilled cheese sandwich that's been left out in the sun, "Wonder Woman" is yet another reminder that the superhero genre is a lost cause.

Now, look. I'm fine with an F review, and I'm fine with this dude being a pretentious contrarian. But what the fuck is that metaphor? "As boring and flavorless as a three-day-old grilled cheese sandwich that's been left out in the sun"?

If I find a grilled cheese that has been sitting outside for a few days, I'm not going to be bored. I'm going to have questions. Like: why was this grilled cheese sandwich left here? Did someone forget about it? What could make somebody abandon an entire grilled cheese? Is the person okay? Have they done this sort of thing before? What sort of cheese did they use? And flavorless? I've never eaten three day old trash food, but I'm going to assume that this imaginary sandwich is full of flavors. Even if the three days haven't aged its tastes, it's still, you know, a grilled cheese. Those taste like something! And then those three days happened, and, look, you can say the three day old sandwich is disgusting or it smells bad or it's covered in maggots, but it's going to taste like something. Probably lots of things!

Anyway. Cole Smithey should feel bad about this bad metaphor, and also about his stupid ass name.

This pm from rj is a perfectly normal response to me posting about rj's failed company he used to spam the board about, right?

Hi Chris,

Since you think it's OK and funny to bring my real world here, I'm sure you'd be OK if I decided to properly respond to each of your posts with, Hi Townie ([My Real First and Last Name] of [Name of My Current Employer]) and then start my answer.

If it's fair for you, it must be fair for me.

What do you think?
-rjkarl

i mean, you'd kind of have to know the full name of the business to even get the joke, so it's not even really like 'outing' him an anyway. superlame

bold linkedIN pic, btw

I'm still cleaning the cheese out of my beard from last time.

I just deleted my posts and put him on ignore. I'm guessing my boss would get a kick out of some old terrible takes I've posted but it's not really worth the risk.

bold linkedIN pic, btw

Ha my wife gives me shit about it all the time, I have maybe spent 8 minutes since I graduated updating that thing, and somehow it got me my current job. I got recruited and hired solely through someone finding me on LinkedIn.

He's gonna doxx the shit out of all y'all

The weird thing to me is he's clearly some self employed bachelor senior citizen, what is he afraid of

plus, riscdeac already threatened to call my employer, so we've already crossed that bridge

I'm providing a valuable service, uniting olds across the political spectrum

He's gonna doxx the shit out of all y'all

The weird thing to me is he's clearly some self employed bachelor senior citizen, what is he afraid of

I'm still fascinated how he's generated income. all of his websites look like they were designed 15 years ago.

I feel like one of RJ's go-to Townie hipster "insults" is something along the lines of "go buy some more plaid." Yet I just Googled RJ for the first time in a while, and what do ya know, a new pic arises of him wearing plaid.

I think the number of posters that could doxx me is like five or so, rj not being one of them.

rj knows my name because he begged me to edit his book for free and then got really mad when I wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back