• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Logorrhea !

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a correlation between doxxing posters and being an insufferable poster.

I was a banker when the billboard went up, and apparently that got out, because my manager called me into her office and she had the DM on a conference call, and they asked me about it. Said people were closing their accounts at the bank, or threatening to do so if I wasn't fired. They told me I hadn't done anything wrong, as long as I didn't take any interview requests, but that was a tense meeting, as a recent grad in a shit job. I was scheduled to talk to WXII that afternoon, and I backed the fuck out, which is how we ended up with that god awful Stratt interview instead.

I was always convinced that account closing push came from the AD. I remember this one night I was standing in line at Chipotle, and this dude from the AD came up to me and said "hey, you're the guy who put up that billboard" and tried to start an argument about it. I'm not sure how he recognized me in passing, one of the weirder interactions I've ever had.

I was a banker when the billboard went up, and apparently that got out, because my manager called me into her office and she had the DM on a conference call, and they asked me about it. Said people were closing their accounts at the bank, or threatening to do so if I wasn't fired. They told me I hadn't done anything wrong, as long as I didn't take any interview requests, but that was a tense meeting, as a recent grad in a shit job. I was scheduled to talk to WXII that afternoon, and I backed the fuck out, which is how we ended up with that god awful Stratt interview instead.

I was always convinced that account closing push came from the AD. I remember this one night I was standing in line at Chipotle, and this dude from the AD came up to me and said "hey, you're the guy who put up that billboard" and tried to start an argument about it. I'm not sure how he recognized me in passing, one of the weirder interactions I've ever had.

Fuck Ron and all his sycophants.

haha, that was definitely coming from the AD. how'd that interaction go?

haha, that was definitely coming from the AD. how'd that interaction go?
It was weird! I was trying to order a burrito, man. Kid was also a recent grad, when I mentioned the interaction to someone here (I think maybe numbers?) they correctly guessed who it was immediately.

I've mentioned this a few times in various threads, but there was also the time campus security called my cell out of the blue and asked me if I had plans to physically harm the [name redacted]s. I'm pretty sure that was well before the billboard went up, think it was in response to RJ's toilet thread (100% serious)

That was a strange phone call. I was just like "uh, no, I'll let you guys know if I hear anyone planning violence"

Last edited:
Wake AD reads the boards pretty regularly (as they should). The way they've used that information has been odd at times in the past.

You guys ever done one of those escape room things? My dad enjoys that kind of problem solving thing, so am considering lining up something like that, but I am pretty clueless.

You guys ever done one of those escape room things? My dad enjoys that kind of problem solving thing, so am considering lining up something like that, but I am pretty clueless.

Yep, they're fun. Did one with coworkers in Nashville last summer.

No. I have important shit to do.

I've mentioned this a few times in various threads, but there was also the time campus security called my cell out of the blue and asked me if I had plans to physically harm the [name redacted]s. I'm pretty sure that was well before the billboard went up, think it was in response to RJ's toilet thread (100% serious)

That was a strange phone call. I was just like "uh, no, I'll let you guys know if I hear anyone planning violence"

Wasn't the billboard my idea? Or at least it was my thread. No one threatened me. That worked out well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back