• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Nautilus: the Great British Bake Off is amazing, you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
so was it a coincidence that the season just tanked when mcclinton made that 3 point heave to end the first half against va tech? the basketball gods didnt like that too much.

Chat Thread Nautilus: Rubbins v. Townie was more interesting than the game

That was really one of the 2 or 3 most frustrating games to watch I can recall. We just couldn't stop them from scoring. Ever. Like 4 or 5 times we'd get the shot clock down to under 6 seconds, and they still scored. It really did remind me of WVU with fucking Gansey just taking it to the rack and scoring every possession. Add their offensive rebounds, our wide-open misses, and inability to tie or take the lead when we got the game down to 1 possession in the 2nd half -- aarrrrghhh. Oh whale.

That was really one of the 2 or 3 most frustrating games to watch I can recall. We just couldn't stop them from scoring. Ever. Like 4 or 5 times we'd get the shot clock down to under 6 seconds, and they still scored. It really did remind me of WVU with fucking Gansey just taking it to the rack and scoring every possession. Add their offensive rebounds, our wide-open misses, and inability to tie or take the lead when we got the game down to 1 possession in the 2nd half -- aarrrrghhh. Oh whale.

Yep. Felt the same way.

Welcome back to March, Wake fans.

Those 3 possessions nearly in succession where they had two threes that hit the rim 5+ times and the foul basically at the shot clock buzzer just summed up our night. Even when we (rarely) had a good defensive possession they burned us.

I think that game was played at a 2-8 point deficit for probably close to 90% of the time. Can't believe we never tied or took the lead after 13-11 or whatever. Now I'm fucking exhausted today.

Those 3 possessions nearly in succession where they had two threes that hit the rim 5+ times and the foul basically at the shot clock buzzer just summed up our night. Even when we (rarely) had a good defensive possession they burned us.

I think that game was played at a 2-8 point deficit for probably close to 90% of the time. Can't believe we never tied or took the lead after 13-11 or whatever. Now I'm fucking exhausted today.

this

TITCR

Only real disappointment I have is the rebounding. They probably won the game on second chance points alone. Those also took away fast break opportunities.

Anyone have a second monitor recommendation? I primarily want cheap and functional.

I love how a bunch of non-NBA watching donks have now concluded that JC won't make it. Probably a lot of overlap between that group and the "he should come back next year and be a top 5 pick" group.

DCDeac is lowkey one of the worst posters.

I love how a bunch of non-NBA watching donks have now concluded that JC won't make it. Probably a lot of overlap between that group and the "he should come back next year and be a top 5 pick" group.

People are bitter AF right now. Me too :(

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I...p_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MZMKYX6FBFFW06H4SSY3

This is what work bought me (x2) for home office. So far so good. Price seems reasonable I think.

Thanks. Any cheaper recommendations? Or do I need to re-calibrate my expectations for pricing?

I just bought a new personal laptop, and it would be nice to have access to a second screen.

yo chic -- spending a weekend in Copenhagen in June. gimme all the deets.

too bad Noma will be closed then as they move to a new spot. Gonna try for another baller restaurant instead.

Definitely do a boat tour. Check out Tivoli Gardens and a Carlsbad tour if you can. Use Duolingo to learn some Danish (none of the signs and menus are in English, the people all speak English and will gladly converse with you in English, but it's nice to not have to ask if something is Pork, Chicken, Cheese, etc.

Cheaper than $128 dollars, before clicking I was thinking it would be like 250 or something because you said cheaper.

DCDeac is lowkey one of the worst posters.

he's the type of dude who makes a lot of long explainy posts that occasionally make me think "oh that's pretty good analysis" until I read them again and realize he's just reframing a bunch of super obvious points as if they were bold and controversial

Is slim the person that got married on the beach, next to what we thought were empty bud light cans, but turns out it was actually his dead grandmothers ashes

Cheaper than $128 dollars, before clicking I was thinking it would be like 250 or something because you said cheaper.

You can get small HD TVs for ~$100 (maybe I'll just do that). It seems crazy to pay any more than that for a casual second monitor. I don't want anything fancy - any second monitor is going to be an upgrade over nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back