• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on Friday I was promised a promotion that I had been working really hard to get by my boss' boss. In a meeting yesterday, my coworker announced that he would just take on these responsibilities although he 1) has produced nothing and 2) does not know very basic things here. So I didn't say anything but I was thinking like, surely my boss' boss will tell this guy that I am going to do this job. But I walked in today and this guy is "doing" the things I was told I would be doing.

So chat thread, what's my move here?

You described this guy:

20110707_horriblebosses_35.jpg

What's the harm in going over the guy's head and scheduling some time to talk to your boss' boss? I'm sure he'll immediately know what it's about, and it seems like it would likely go favorably for you. At worst, it's probably a "I'm sorry I misspoke, we'll have something for you soon, keep up the good work" talk.

opening a new bank account so I can bank in and around Pittsburgh more easily. two dudes dressed like construction workers walk in and up to the service rep next to me who isn't busy with a client.

the older guy introduces himself and tells the rep he's bringing his son in to open his first bank account. the rep asks how old the kid is.

25, apparently.

i know there's a lot of cash going back and forth in contracting work but jesus. i drove to the bank and got my first checking account in like 9th grade.

So on Friday I was promised a promotion that I had been working really hard to get by my boss' boss. In a meeting yesterday, my coworker announced that he would just take on these responsibilities although he 1) has produced nothing and 2) does not know very basic things here. So I didn't say anything but I was thinking like, surely my boss' boss will tell this guy that I am going to do this job. But I walked in today and this guy is "doing" the things I was told I would be doing.

So chat thread, what's my move here?

Step 1: At the next meeting, announce that you will be taking on the roles and responsibilities of Globocorp (tm) CEO.
Step 2: Immediately after, begin being the Globocorp (tm) CEO; ask many questions of those horizontal on the Globocorp (tm) org chart to you.
Step 3: ??????
Step 4: Profit!

It hard to remember the last time I did anything in a bank branch.

opening a new bank account so I can bank in and around Pittsburgh more easily. two dudes dressed like construction workers walk in and up to the service rep next to me who isn't busy with a client.

the older guy introduces himself and tells the rep he's bringing his son in to open his first bank account. the rep asks how old the kid is.

25, apparently.

i know there's a lot of cash going back and forth in contracting work but jesus. i drove to the bank and got my first checking account in like 9th grade.

A) bad parenting
B) I see parents doing financial shit for late 20/early 30 yr olds almost daily

man it all kinda went south after we took Schoolhouse Rock off Saturday morning TV, huh.
then we decentralized media and gave kids the choice to watch whatever they want.
now they're really good at discussing Fortnite but struggle to recount the legislative process.
thanks, Detroit.

janet has literally seen every planet man think about that shit for a second

I also dig the Blind Melon version of 3 is a magic number.

All this reminds me of the greatest kids animation special, Free To Be...You And Me, which, if everyone watched, we'd have world peace and harmony and love. So get on that parents, it's our only hope to save this decaying rock.

Free To Be...You And Me is so fucking choice. Holy shit. I'd Clockwork Orange this into my kids' eyeballs.

And my favorite, when Kris Kristofferson and Rita Coolidge are super stoned with Marlo Thomas at some weird swingers party. Seems out of place, but I dig the tune.

Last edited:
then we decentralized media and gave kids the choice to watch whatever they want.

I don't think my 4yo has any idea that television is typically scheduled.

And he has no knowledge that Pluto was once considered a planet; he has a book that doesn't mention it and an activity mat that doesn't include it in the planetary manifest.

janet has literally seen every planet man think about that shit for a second

am i supposed to believe that janet was best friends with the sun (and got its autograph on goddamn paper) but mercury was too hot for her?

this is just poor writing, kory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back