• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd guess that GPA matters more in academia than most fields. Never once been asked my GPA for a job.

I have to admit something happened to me in coed softball league that NEVER happened in the hundreds of league games I played in my life. I was playing LF. An easy fly ball was hit to deeper left-center. As ranged over to catch it, all the sprinklers on the field went off. Figuring I was going to get wet anyway, I plowed through the rain and caught it.

Well I just found a typo on a cover letter that I have been sending out for the last months. That is just gonna go ruin my day.

Industry differences aside, a solid GPA doesn't hurt during resume filtering or candidate comparison. An undisclosed GPA may go unnoticed, but there are hiring managers/committees that pay attention to that, especially for entry-level/first-job-out-of-college situations.

Well I just found a typo on a cover letter that I have been sending out for the last months. That is just gonna go ruin my day.

What kind of typo? Hopefully it's closer to using the wrong homonym versus forgetting to change the name of the employer.

yeah, it's crazy to me that a grown-ass man (in age only) like GTB would have to talk about his GPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back