• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol my younger brother shared a YTMND on his Discord channel and I had to educate the homie on his borrowed nostalgia from mid-2000s internet culture

you're going to have to educate this homie on what the hell does YTMND stand for

He turned down the role of Gandalf in The Lord of the Rings series (The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001), The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002), and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)) because he didn't want to film down in New Zealand for 18 months, and could not understand the novels. The decision not to appear in the trilogy cost the actor an estimated $450 million.

I am a bad person.

“People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil."

“I don’t buy it," he continued. "Evil is a make-believe concept we’ve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own... By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.”

However, Austin and Geoghegan's dream trip came to a tragic and gruesome end when they got to Tajikistan, a ​weak state with a known terrorist threat that shares a border with Afghanistan, where ISIS and other terrorist groups are ​highly active. They were riding their bikes through the country on July 29 when a car rammed them, ​​according to CBS News. Five men got out of the car and stabbed the couple to death along with two other cyclists, one from Switzerland and the other from the Netherlands.

https://www.pluralist.com/posts/182...umans-are-kind-and-gets-killed/partners/43895

Do you mean before Excel or before pen, paper, and calculators/adding machines?

I submit that being a conductor of an orchestra would be the coolest non sports related job one could have

Nevermind, this seems like the best job ever. 4 hours a day
8d9ab551b1d592c3f4724cd179f08529.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back