• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exciting new topic: home warranties.

New house has a home warranty, which is cool in theory, but in practice I find home warranties to be a huge pain in the ass. So like, right now, one of the ACs has failed and it's been a week and still no indication of when it will be repaired/replaced. The technician has recommended replacing it, but I guess the authorization to replace has to go through the home warranty company's internal bureaucracy. Fortunately, the weather has been tolerable, so no big deal in that respect, but still man, a week? You're also stuck with whatever technician the warranty company assigns. Not a fan of the whole thing.

i had a year's worth when we bought our home and used it once when our furnace had an issue and it was not a problem, though they're always going to slap-dash repair the broken item before replacing it. A week seems super shitty.

I don't think i'd buy one at face value for those reasons, though some insurance carriers have it as an option on their home policy now and it's usually more cost effective.

:noidea:

THose things are a racket. Only useful for gigantic expenses and they do shitty work slowly.

So I cancelled Spectrum cable, got the Direct TV Now deal with the free Apple TV 4K. Its great. Now i'm streaming television in 1080p for less money than I was paying for my 720p Spectrum cable. I don't understand how that works. With Net Neutrality dead and everyone trying to cut the cord, surely the major ISPs are going to start enforcing data caps.

Spectrum cable is only 720p?

yeah, i don't think it's accurate to say that cable is 720p and DirectTV is 1080p

My MIL’s a realtor, so she thinks they’re great and convinced my wife to get one in our old house.

Around Christmas, our dryer broke. They told us they’re too busy to set up a repair, so we’d have to arrange our own and submit for reimbursement.

We got a year with our new house and the AC didn’t work in week 2. This company had someone come out and fix it next day (fill Freon), so ymmv.

Exciting new topic: home warranties.

New house has a home warranty, which is cool in theory, but in practice I find home warranties to be a huge pain in the ass. So like, right now, one of the ACs has failed and it's been a week and still no indication of when it will be repaired/replaced. The technician has recommended replacing it, but I guess the authorization to replace has to go through the home warranty company's internal bureaucracy. Fortunately, the weather has been tolerable, so no big deal in that respect, but still man, a week? You're also stuck with whatever technician the warranty company assigns. Not a fan of the whole thing.

yeah if you've got a new home then prob better all around to just do repairs as they come up

I feel like this is for townie:

The 100 Best 1 Star Amazon Reviews of The Great Gatsby

Screen-Shot-2018-04-09-at-10.51.29-AM.png

Daycare is having all the kids plant grass seeds today. This is a lowkey tribute to 420 yes/yes?

Here's your random really disturbing news story for the weekend. Chloe from the TV show Smallville was arrested for sex trafficking.

https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...arrested-for-alleged-ties-to-sex-cult-w519396

Frank Parlato, a former NXIVM publicist and a whistleblower, has described Mack as a key figure in Raniere's organization – the person dubbed "CC-1" in a criminal complaint filed by FBI agent Michael Lever and unsealed in a Brooklyn court in March.
Lever's report alleges that Raniere is the "master" of pyramid-style "organized criminal group." Raniere, the only male in NXIVM, allegedly maintains sexual relationships with over a dozen women in the group and uses the threat of blackmail to prevent anyone from leaving the organization or publicizing its existence. In addition, Lever's complaint alleges that some women are forcibly branded with Raniere's initials, and that Raniere's "slaves" are encouraged to pay thousands of dollars to attend NXIVM workshops.

gettyimages-825365980-75a17eb4-0764-4a50-b805-2579a633244a.jpg

Read about that a few weeks ago. Think he had like Kristen Kruek in his cult too.

So I had a salad with romaine lettuce tonight and now I guess I am going to die?

I’m at the part of the 420 celebration where I’m just watching clips of Broken Social Scene concerts on the YouTubes.

So I had a salad with romaine lettuce tonight and now I guess I am going to die?

Thoughts and prayers.

But if someone gave my romaine and iceberg and made me choose, I’d probably still choose romaine.

Seeing a bunch of tweets about a freshman passing away on campus last night? Suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back