• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
i find these to be easy to eat and not messy:

51S%2B8YTLWuL.jpg

Oh and sunflower seeds - gives you something to do and also p tasty, especially ranch flavor.

Overheard at every kids baseball game-

After a swing and miss: Now you’re ready!
After a foul: You got it, just straighten it out!
After not swinging at a perfect pitch: Good eye, good eye!

I picked up some beef jerky, Chicago mix popcorn, and a red bull for my drive tomorrow. Heading up to the mountains of WV, and hoping it doesn’t rain the whole time.

Overheard at every kids baseball game-

After a swing and miss: Now you’re ready!
After a foul: You got it, just straighten it out!
After not swinging at a perfect pitch: Good eye, good eye!

I had the best eye in little league. Probabaly would have confused some stats/analytics guys: “wow this kid is only 3 for 12 but he has double digit walks!” I was just terrified of swinging and missing and other kids/umps were bad. I retired before I would have been found out on the big field.

Probs not going to be able to make it to the distillery on this trip, but I hit up this tapas/book/record place in JP last night with my friend/ex and it was good. Solid collections, impressed the woman with my rendition of “Midnight at the Oasis” and “You’ve Made Me So Very Happy,” after seeing Maria Muldaur and Blood, Sweat and Tears records, respectively. Made her laugh a bunch, didn’t get to make out. Oh well.

TRES GATOS

http://www.tresgatosjp.com

Other than the few days around Christmas and end of year, this might be the slowest day of the year in the office.

I got a great 3rd printing hardback of Joseph Heller’s Something Happened. I’ve never made it through Catch-22 somehow, but I was just reading about this one and it sounds weird.

I had the best eye in little league. Probabaly would have confused some stats/analytics guys: “wow this kid is only 3 for 12 but he has double digit walks!” I was just terrified of swinging and missing and other kids/umps were bad. I retired before I would have been found out on the big field.

You should have RJ analyze your statistics.....

Catch-22 is one of like three books I've started and couldn't finish.

It falls into the same category as Confederacy of Dunces for me. Great rep, people rave about it, I just couldn’t get with the tone/characters. I guess just not my kind of humor/satire or something. I may give both another shot one day.

Breezier 70s soft rock classic: America “Ventura Highway” or Maria Muldaur “Midnight At The Oasis”? Toss up. I will hear nominations for “Reminiscing” by Little River Band, too.

I did really dig Confederacy of Dunces. Ignatius J. Reilly is an all-time great character.

I just finished Midnight's Children, which won the designation for best Booker Prize winner ever back in 2008, which seems to me a mistake. It was good, but not all-time great good. Maybe if I had a better understanding of India-Pakistan history I'd appreciate it better.

Breezier 70s soft rock classic: America “Ventura Highway” or Maria Muldaur “Midnight At The Oasis”? Toss up. I will hear nominations for “Reminiscing” by Little River Band, too.

a wild Night Moves appears !

Last edited:

summer breeze makes you feel fine.

but i love your list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back