• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJ Remembers Amblerfest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it went alright, thanks! I don't really know, I was more nervous than I thought and was rexdonging through my shirt. I need to remember to breathe.

It went by in a flash (three 30 minute segments), but also felt like it took a year. The last part was like 15 people sitting around a table, but I only was asked questions by a couple of them.

The person formerly in the gig didn't come, but he's a buddy, and he messaged me later and said he heard it went well, so I'll take that for now. He didn't get that from the curator, but maybe one of the other two search committee peeps, or I hope from the guy that produced Spiderland, who was at the roundtable part.

I hope I get it, they are putting on a cool guitar concert in the fall for the 30th anniversary.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sfc30-...folk-and-bluegrass-guitar-tickets-64583365585

I think it went alright, thanks! I don't really know, I was more nervous than I thought and was rexdonging through my shirt. I need to remember to breathe.

It went by in a flash (three 30 minute segments), but also felt like it took a year. The last part was like 15 people sitting around a table, but I only was asked questions by a couple of them.

The person formerly in the gig didn't come, but he's a buddy, and he messaged me later and said he heard it went well, so I'll take that for now. He didn't get that from the curator, but maybe one of the other two search committee peeps, or I hope from the guy that produced Spiderland, who was at the roundtable part.

I hope I get it, they are putting on a cool guitar concert in the fall for the 30th anniversary.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sfc30-...folk-and-bluegrass-guitar-tickets-64583365585

Ts & Ps

Curious how the call went

It was a pretty good conversation. The nice thing is I have a standing offer to join her team out there with no real timeframe or deadline. She also expressed a willingness to help me relocate to a different geography if we like somewhere else more or pursue other types of roles internally. She’s going to be relocating out to LA sometime in Q3 and is going to spend some time getting familiar with the situation there. So we will see how it unfolds.

It was a pretty good conversation. The nice thing is I have a standing offer to join her team out there with no real timeframe or deadline. She also expressed a willingness to help me relocate to a different geography if we like somewhere else more or pursue other types of roles internally. She’s going to be relocating out to LA sometime in Q3 and is going to spend some time getting familiar with the situation there. So we will see how it unfolds.

Sounds positive. Congrats!

there are few things I'm more certain about than the fact that garbanzo is the best bean

*legumes only -- coffee beans are better

there are few things I'm more certain about than the fact that garbanzo is the best bean

*legumes only -- coffee beans are better

Edamame (and other ways to eat Soy Beans) is pretty fucking radical.

It's hard to talk about beans and not get involved in a discussion about nuts. Obviously, the best nut is always the one I dump in your mom, but Brazil nuts are a close second.

Had some Mexican "charro" beans last weekend that were prob top 5 I've ever had. Pintos slow cooked with barbacoa, carnitas, onions, and cilantro.

Brazil nuts are a close second.

lol wut dude brazil nuts bottom tier nut

nut power rankings (in their raw or roasted/salted form only, not for cooking)
cashew
pistachio
peanut
almond

that's it those are the only good nuts for just munching

walnut woof macadamia get outta here hazelnut smell good taste bad brazil nut more like brazil not

cashew
pistachio
peanut
almond

walnut woof macadamia get outta here hazelnut smell good taste bad brazil nut more like brazil not

is this a spinoff show or some kind of summer detour or what

lemme stick this boulder in my mouth and chew for an hour to get some vitamin E in my life no thanks

Townie's list is pretty much correct. I'll throw in pecans as well. And seriously, fuck brazil nuts. Probably the worse of all of the nuts. Not good for anything.

Pecans are in the middle for me. I can't just munch pecans indefinitely UNLESS they're candied. Then I could eat them til death.

Good pecans are top tier for munching for me (esp if roasted and salted), but a bad soggy pecan is gross.

Salted onion garlic pistachios from Santa Barbara pistachio company are straight crack. I believe you can shop online. You're welcome.

cream pieing Juice's mom
cashew
pistachio
peanut
almond

I would have used cashews, but I figured someone would bitch about them not being a true nut.

I disagree with folks who deny the nut-atude of cashews not because they are wrong, but because they shouldn't make such a bitch argument. I didn't want to stir that pot though, because that's also a bitch move.

However, peanuts being on your list (in their plain form) is just plain wrong. Like, Big Gay wrong. And peanuts being above almonds is nothing short of a gross mischaracterization of the nut hierarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back