• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJKarl Given 1 Point by LK, Later Rescinded !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A place called Kraken just opened up in Penn Quarter area. We have wanted to try the idea, so we figured why not before dinner.

Have not been to the Asian bar yet, but the Happy Hour is tough to beat and the dining area is great.

Supposed to be next month, but govt moving slow and we haven't got our orders, so no packout dates yet (apparently the shutdown backed up everyone's orders).

I can tell you this though, not having even a rough date for an international move is stressful. My bosses stop by every day asking if I have a date yet so they can figure out when I can work till, it comes up in every conversation with friends and family, can't give notice to the apt yet, can't book the dogs travel yet, can't plan anything after June 6th, and when I reach out to potential employers I can't give them an estimate when I will be in the country.

Love this frigging govt.

Damn man. Well, sorry to pile on with the exact same question! Hope you get some clarity soon.

How you moving the dogs, Timmy. That makes me so nervous

In all honesty it makes me nervous too. We have researched pet shipping companies, and are still deciding on a few depending on when we go. He will still travel in a kennel under the plane, but there are vet checks and bathroom breaks at take off and landing. Not ideal, if anyone has any tips, I'd love to hear them.

I don't have any, and I'll be hoping hard for your dogs.

Honestly, if I ever move abroad again and I've got a dog, I'll probably try to take a container ship or something. I don't even know if passenger liners exist anymore.

I don't have any, and I'll be hoping hard for your dogs.

Honestly, if I ever move abroad again and I've got a dog, I'll probably try to take a container ship or something. I don't even know if passenger liners exist anymore.

You can take dogs across on the Queen Mary II

Isn't it fairly easy to get your dog classified as an ESA?
Maybe, but I don't want to take advantage of a program, probably intended to help people that really need it, by feeding its reputation as bullshit.

I'd think of it as taking advantage of being an ESA for your dog, and making sure he's comfortable/safe. But I know what you mean.

English majors are weird. Why is someone who went to University of Chicago applying to be an Executive Assistant? Is it just an appreciation of the arts?

English majors are weird. Why is someone who went to University of Chicago applying to be an Executive Assistant? Is it just an appreciation of the arts?

To be close to the legend that it is palma.

It's not the English major part that's weird, it's the Univ. Of Chicago part.

survival in late capitalism is expensive, it turns out

c42a6216ffc0fb6f0f9f6abc1360e9c3.jpg

What the hell is this expiration date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back